• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling: ace boiler (mash tun), Grain basket, thermometer & things

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrannBrew

Damo Brann
Reaction score
If anyone is interested I want to sell my Ace boiler 30l (mash tun) (4 brews old), a new SS grain basket that fits inside and a K type thermometer. The grain basket was about £90 once it came over with customs.

Also I'm selling my older 12l stove top pan (orginally from Wilko) and a grain bag I used with the ace boiler during the boil as a hop filter.
They have been stored in the loft. The ace boiler is the one with 2500w element.

Selling to make way for a braumeister.
Prefer collection however could deliver within a short radius to Portsmouth

Please can you give me a steer on prices for the grain basket and electric boiler ? Thank you

Sam

Also, would the boiler be suitable for Brew in a bag? Can it maintain a rolling boil? Do you have a wort chiller coil avaliable at all?

If anyone is interested I want to sell my Ace boiler 30l (mash tun) (4 brews old), a new SS grain basket that fits inside and a K type thermometer. The grain basket was about �£90 once it came over with customs.

Also I'm selling my older 12l stove top pan (orginally from Wilko) and a grain bag I used with the ace boiler during the boil as a hop filter.
They have been stored in the loft. The ace boiler is the one with 2500w element.

Selling to make way for a braumeister.
Prefer collection however could deliver within a short radius to Portsmouth

Sorry for not responding earlier, after thinking it over and talking to the boss I think I'll keep with what I have got for now.
I recently ordered a SS Grain Basket to use for my mash instead of a grain bag. Brewed a saison last week and it worked really well on the day. Much easier than using a bag.

Many thanks for coming back, how did the saison turn out? Do you have a recipe ?

Hi, Saison turned out well, had a 2 week bottle last night and was almost carbed. The grain basket really helped during the brew day. Doing a milk stout today but trying a no sparge approach this time to see if it makes my life even easier. My Saison has been the only recipe I've done in almost a 2 years that I havnt wanted to change anything.

Here is a link to my blog recipe page, http://brannbrew.blogspot.co.uk/p/home.html?m=1
A link to the full recipe is on there with abit about it.

Latest posts

Back