Small 12v Aquarium Pump idea

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlentoranMark

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all, I bought a small aquarium pump from China a few months ago for less than a fiver and thought I'd give it a try for recirculating the wort. I'm currently brewing an Oatmeal Stout and I think it's working rather well.

I have it connected to a 12v battery charger and I'm using the Peco digital mashing bin which holds the temperature. Who needs a Grainfather :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/6qKhiS_t8G4

Last edited:
Still get this message - You must create a channel to upload videos. Create a channel.

Try copying the whole URL from the address bar on the youtube video page and paste it here (if that is not what you have done already)

Hi all, I bought a small aquarium pump from China a few months ago for less than a fiver and thought I'd give it a try for recirculating the wort. I'm currently brewing an Oatmeal Stout and I think it's working rather well.

I have it connected to a 12v battery charger and I'm using the Peco digital mashing bin which holds the temperature. Who needs a Grainfather :)

https://youtu.be/6qKhiS_t8G4

I ordered two brushless pumps from China to run from a 30l boiler to mashtun to kettle.

Anself Ultraquiet Mini DC12V 220L/H 2.5m Micro Brushless Water Oil Pump Hot D7Q5

Brushless DC pump..jpg

I'm still getting the same link to share? 10 views but that may be just me, can anyone else see it?

I ordered two brushless pumps from China to run from a 30l boiler to mashtun to kettle.

Anself Ultraquiet Mini DC12V 220L/H 2.5m Micro Brushless Water Oil Pump Hot D7Q5

There isn't much flow from my pump but it's great for recirculation. It may not be strong enough though to pump a lot of liquid though.

There isn't much flow from my pump but it's great for recirculation. It may not be strong enough though to pump a lot of liquid though.

Its 220 litres per hour with a height of 2.5 metres and 6mm internal diameter so going by the specs it should be quite ample for what I require.:thumb:

Item specifics
Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable). If the item comes direct from a manufacturer, it may be delivered in non-retail packaging, such as a plain or unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions
Color: Black
Outer diameter of inlet / outlet: 9mm / 0.35in Pump material: ABS
Inner diameter of inlet / outlet: 6mm / 0.24in Temperature resistance range: 0 ~ 100°C
Waterproof class: IP68 Condition of use: Continuously
Product size: 56 * 52 * 47mm / 2.2 * 2 * 1.8in Fluids: Water, oil, gasoline, acid and alkali solution, etc.
Product weight: 83g / 2.94oz Power consumption: 2.3W
Package size: 6.2 * 6.2 * 4cm / 2.44 * 2.44 * 1.57in Rated voltage: USB DC 5V
Package weight: 93g / 3.28oz Max. flow rate: 220L/H
Brand: Unbranded/Generic Max. lift: 250cm / 8.2ft
MPN: OFG8570437351544TG Noise: Less than 35dB
ISBN: Does not apply EAN: Does not apply

Last edited:
I'm still getting the same link to share? 10 views but that may be just me, can anyone else see it?
Seen it ok but I see your feed line is dropping down behind your bag and just wondering why you haven't connected to your tap or maybe you don't have one installed on your boiler as it would allow you to regulate your flow better.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Seen it ok but I see your feed line is dropping down behind your bag and just wondering why you haven't connected to your tap or maybe you don't have one installed on your boiler as it would allow you to regulate your flow better.

It was a quick fit, I'm not great with electrics or plumbing. I had a very small drip that a couple of jubilee clips will fix and I suppose I could build a housing for the pump but it worked rather well and surprised Peco themselves haven't come up with a similar solution.

Keep us posted on how you get on.
Certainly shall but pumps shall be a few weeks yet and have to return my boiler as it was damaged during transit but shall get it sorted.
Have you thought about rigging a sparge arm using plastic pipe,four elbows and three tees and clip hang it to your boiler.

Certainly shall but pumps shall be a few weeks yet and have to return my boiler as it was damaged during transit but shall get it sorted.
Have you thought about rigging a sparge arm using plastic pipe,four elbows and three tees and clip hang it to your boiler.

No but have thought about putting a sprinkler on the end which would do the same job :thumb:

http://www.hozelock.com/our-product.../classic-micro-irrigation/360-mini-sprinkler/

Latest posts

Back