Pimp A Coopers Lager Kit ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbrew73

Reaction score
Hi guys ,
Only getting into this homebrewing malarkey since the turn of the year . My first attempt , a woodfordes wherry , has turned out pretty decent if I do say so myself , and I can see this becoming an addiction !
The missus has today picked me up a Coopers Australian Lager kit which I might try and get underway at the weekend , time permitting .
It seems to have fairly decent reviews on here , and was just wondering if anyone who has brewed it has any newbie friendly tips , additions ,or twists to the brewing of this one that they can share to help me on the way to a nice crisp pint ( with a decent abv ) !!
Thanks in advance , Dez
:cheers:

Use beer enhancer or spraymalt rather than just sugar for the extra fermentables, brew it short (ie 21 litres rather than 23) to increase the ABV.

Could always dry hop to add extra hoppyness :cheers:

I currently have this on the go, as my 1st brew

I used 500g brewing sugar and 500g beer enhancer, also only used 21-22 ltrs of water

No idea how its going to come out, as this and my IPA are my 1st ever attempt at a home brew.

:cheers: Cheers lads , this will be my first attempt at a lager so I'll try your wee tweaks and see how it goes. !! :thumb:

I pimped up a coopers lager kit recently, although so much so that it really ended up being a tin of LME in another recipe rather than any semblance to a Coopers Lager.

What I did is here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=50700

I only bottled at the weekend though so havent tried it yet, was tasting alright at bottling time though.

For your first kits I suggest you brew them straight, and keep notes including tasting notes, you now have a yardstick to measure your brews against. Then on your next attempt you can pimp away to your hearts content, again keep notes. This way you can reproduce something that you find you prefer over the standard kit.

Looks like an interesting brew Strongarm !! , will keep an eye out for your posts to see how you get on with it .
Thanks for the sound advice LeithR , definitely keeping notes on everything I produce in my quest for my perfect home-brewed pint !

Hello everyone ..I brewed it on 7feb 1kg of brew enhancer /400 gm dex to bump up the %,OG 1050 FG1008 had one last night very clear,nice .think its about 5.6% cheers.....p.s misses liked it x :thumb:

LeithR said:
For your first kits I suggest you brew them straight, and keep notes including tasting notes, you now have a yardstick to measure your brews against. Then on your next attempt you can pimp away to your hearts content, again keep notes. This way you can reproduce something that you find you prefer over the standard kit.

^This +1

sometime said:
Hello everyone ..I brewed it on 7feb 1kg of brew enhancer /400 gm dex to bump up the %,OG 1050 FG1008 had one last night very clear,nice .think its about 5.6% cheers.....p.s misses liked it x :thumb:

Thats about strength I will be hoping to achieve , so will follow similar lines to what you've gone with , cheers. !!

Cool .....think you got to watch the cost a bit you can lob all sorts at it ,got my brew enhancer in wilko sale ,dex on it's own will work to but to much will thin your beer out ,l like them stronger to :party:

Latest posts

Back