Hard lemo

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well its started at 1160 seemed to slow right down so i took another reading last week and its at 1070 so its back in the airing cupboard

but it did taste nice though

and its certainly going to have some kick once its done

how clear did yours go or do these stay cloudy ??

and its still only 1060 so dont know what to do with it now i added extra yeast and yeast nutrient to it last week but its not done much really

any ideas ???

Give it a good stir and some sugar?

Did you start a yeast culture ?

Scaff

Gonna give this a go at the weekend I think, do I need anything other than:

Lemons
Yeast
Nutrient
Sugar
Sweetener

I'll be using real lemons so guess citric acid isn't needed?

It's easy, give it a go.

I've made a orange one also, just letting it sit before bottling.

Scaff

Re the hard lemo,

I had 3 x 500ml bottles last night and I was banjaxed. I woke up at 5am (alarm goes off) and really didn't know where I was for 10mins.

I even had lemonade in it.

Mind you it was on a near empty stomach.

It must be getting better with age.

Scaff

Well I'd bottle it with a spoon of sugar, stick it so where warm for 2 weeks and then try it.

Scaff

Down to 998 so looks like it's finished, it's bloomin bitter and also has a slight cidery/white wine taste presumably from the yeast. Hopefully a load of sweetener will sort that out.

Tried my first bottle last night, can't say it's my cup of tea, but too much like cider. For some reason it hadn't carbed up properly which didn't help.

That said, I did feel drunk after just one bottle so it's not all bad. :lol:

Getting this on this weekend in a demijohn. Mother in law came back with 24 lemons from shopping the other day and asked if I'd use them for cooking - god knows what she thought I could make!

This is the solution

Back