White IPA hop combinations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Planning on brewing a White IPA tomorrow, should everything turn up. I love both styles and although they are a winter/spring speciality across the pond, I think they'd be the perfect thirst quenchers for the summer.

I'm planning on bittering with Magnum, then late hopping with Mosaic and Amarillo. Dry-hopping with the same.

I want this to be really tropical fruity, rather than piney or dank. So I'm open to suggestions on the hop combinations.

I also have, in varying quantities: Centennial, Cascade, Chinook, Galaxy (Only 10g or so, possibly add as dry hop - I only do 9/10l), Northern Brewer, Styrian Goldings

Basic recipe is:

Target FG: 1.061
Target OG: 1.016
Target ABV: 6.04%

Lager Malt - 51%
Wheat Malt - 17.5%
Munich - 8%
Flaked Wheat - 15.5%
Flaked Oats - 4%
Acidulated Malt - 4%

Brewferm Blanche Yeast.

Some coriander and orange peel additions at 10 mins.

Think I'd go for Mosaic, Amarillo and Galaxy, to get tropical fruity. Not a combo I've used though. Not used Mosaic yet, have drunk beers with Mosaic though.

I like magnum for its very clean bittering, because it allows you to pretty much late hop with what ever you like. I think you are on the right track with Armarillo. I haven't used Mosiac either, but Armarillo as a single late hop is gonna be nice.

Thanks for the replies. Galaxy is probably my favourite hop so will add it in somewhere. May have to get some more though.

Looks like I'll have to put this off until next week anyway. No one was in to take delivery of my kettle element so that is at the depot a few miles away. I also didn't realise Parcel Force don't deliver on Saturday as standard, so doubt I'll have my ingredients. I've not received a tracking number so assume it won't be delivered today.

Bugger.

Back