Uncrushed grain supplier?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmajon

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a homebrew supplier that sells uncrushed grain? I have my own mill and prefer to crush my own. For whatever reason, most homebrew shops seem to buy it pre crushed- which seems odd I'm used to big homebrew shops buying sacks and crushing/measuring to order.

You could go to Get Er Brewed, you can tick a box on the order to have it delivered ucrushed, I think the Homebrew Co. does the same as does Worcester hop shop. Or there might be the option of asking at a local maltster.

I've only used them for equipment so far but an order will be going in soon for grain and hops etc. The delivery was as speedy as could be expected with a weekend in the way. Really happy so far and 5% off with the HBF discount code.

The Homebrew Company does a wide range and you get 5% discount there too.

The Homebrew Company does a wide range and you get 5% discount there too.

I bought ten kilos of un-crushed Marris Otter from the Homebrew Company for a ridiculously cheap price and I made up the order with hops and other necessaries which I have in stock now. I think the delivery becomes free when you get the order up to about fifty quid. You can check on the website.

Yes HBC are doing 10kg of Maris Otter for £10.80, and you can get 5% discount on that. They also have Admiral hops for £1.25 for 100g, and Challenger for £1.33. Both 2013 crop, both are great hops.

Yes HBC are doing 10kg of Maris Otter for £10.80, and you can get 5% discount on that. They also have Admiral hops for £1.25 for 100g, and Challenger for £1.33. Both 2013 crop, both are great hops.

Nearly time I put in another order.... I like the sound of those hop prices. I will need to use up my current malt stocks though. Better get another FV and start a new brew on Friday. :) I need to wean myself of those expensive American hops.

I'm going to brew and ferment in the shed next time. I am inviting disaster at my age carrying five gallons of wort upstairs from the kitchen to the walk in landing 'brewing cupboard' and I'm not thinking heart attacks here. I nearly tripped last time when I caught my toe on a stair riser. It's not the fall I'm thinking about, it is the cascade of wort down the new stair carpet and the wrath of the furies that would descend on me afterwards.

Other good hops at good prices: Aurora £2.25 (lovely fruity Slovenian hop), Bram X (i love it in dark beers) £2.48, Columbus (excellent all round hop) £2.48, Herkules £1.25 (good bittering hop), Progress £2.25 (blends well with EKG, Challenger or First Gold), Summit (High alpha USA hop with good flavour) £2.66.

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/hops-leaf-hops-c-77_78.html

They also have Summit pellets for £2.30. And Northern Brewer pellets at £2.48 are good too.

Other good hops at good prices: Aurora £2.25 (lovely fruity Slovenian hop), Bram X (i love it in dark beers) £2.48, Columbus (excellent all round hop) £2.48, Herkules £1.25 (good bittering hop), Progress £2.25 (blends well with EKG, Challenger or First Gold), Summit (High alpha USA hop with good flavour) £2.66.

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/hops-leaf-hops-c-77_78.html

:ugeek: I just paid £7 at the local HB shop for 100 grams of 2013 Progress for my Summer Ale brew that I made last Friday.... I must be mad.

:ugeek: I just paid £7 at the local HB shop for 100 grams of 2013 Progress for my Summer Ale brew that I made last Friday.... I must be mad.
I would have no problem pointing out to them that they are taking the p**s! That is way over the odds....

Agreed.

Just ordered teh following from Homebrew Company.
Should keep me IN mischief for a while:

3 x Safale US-05 Yeast (11.5g) = £6.48
1 x Chocolate - crushed grains 500g = £0.78
2 x Aurora (Super Styrians) - 100g vacuum packed Alpha Acid 9.3% = £4.50
1 x Summit - 100g Vacuum Packed Alpha Acid 16.3% 2014 Harvest = £2.66
1 x Admiral Vacuum packed 100g Alpha Acid 14.5% 2013 Harvest = £1.25
2 x East Kent Goldings -100g vacuum packed Alpha Acid 5.7% 2014 harv =
£6.75
1 x Gervin Cider Yeast GV13 - 5g Cider Homebrew Yeast = £1.21
1 x Crystal - crushed grain 3kg 145 EBC = £5.40
1 x Maris Otter - crushed grain 10Kg = £10.79

Will get another brew on on Friday maybe....

Cider yeast to try a fake 'Proseco' that I promised for the good lady. She puts up with a lot of madness from me after all. I saw the recipe on here and it looks like a bit of fun. Apple juice, grape juice and some sugar more or less. Should be able to bottle it in some of the hundred flip tops I bought from The Range.... They seem to have discontinued these lately.

That's a lot of gear and 5 or 6 x 10L brews with leftover grains and hops, for £40. :thumb:

Then there's the discount...

Yes - I got about £2 off. There's 's a lot of amusement in that lot for £46 and that's before you even get to have people around to drink it up.... :)

I'm quite keen to get onto making some fake prosseco. Recipe looks dead easy and cheap as anything. Hoping the GV13 cider yeast will do it.... Just checked and the recommended yeast was fruity wine yeast. If not, I will have to make my way back to the local robber shop. (Just kidding - they are pretty helpful if you don't mind paying for the goods).

I had a look at that one myself. Not made wine for years but tempted to give it a go I must admit...Gervins do a high alcohol wine yeast I think?

What are you thinking of brewing with that bundle of joy?!

Latest posts

Back