Using up Tesco Sale kits - Pimping Advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Despite having done 3 AG brews + a cider from apples, I'm pretty busy at work and running low on beer.

Had a couple of kits left from a load I got in the Tesco Sale, so I've just put them on :

Coopers Cerveza + BE2 - I'll dry hop this with cascade for 1 week - I've done this before and it's gone really fast! No problem.

Here's the thing, the second brew is Youngs Harvest Mild + Youngs BE - and I'm not sure how to quickly and cheaply pimp it up. I am drawn to adding coffee - but not sure when or how. Google tells me that coffee is mostly a stout/porter addition.

Advice/ideas welcome.

Cheers

Martin

No harm in still adding it if that's what your looking for. Create a new style :-)

The beauty of home brew is you can do what you like.

Might be an idea to experiment on a couple of pints in the house one night. Give you an idea what taste you're after and the amount of coffee required etc. Also, could always split the wort so you're not risking the whole 40 pints :thumb:

When SWMBO 's stocks are full there are spare demi's I've spilt into 4 before just to try different dry hopping.

I've only ever thrown one thing out. But even bad beer isn't TOXIC as you say. Just tastes toxic. 😜

Nice call. I think I will try coffee in a portion.

So, at the momemt it may be split the 20 litres (brewed short) into halves. No, hang on, make it simpler. After 2 weeks, bottle half, and add 250ml of cold steeped coffee to the remainder. Leave for a couple more days and them bottle that. The only thing that method would mean would be bottle rather than batch priming.

THanks folks.

I have a plan!

Martin

Sounds good to me. Just be careful opening and closing the fv too much. Plan your actions :-)

Side note when bottling is the only choice I have I experiment a little in adding or removing the priming sugar to get different carb levels

I added a "stir fry" chilli (boiled with a few incisions) to one bottle of my last batch of ipa, possibly a bit too much heat but enjoyable addition.
Toying with doing a few bottles of my Scottish heavy with half a chilli each.

Latest posts

Back