Ultimate B*strd son of a BIAB?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did an edited version after learning the ropes. On the same page.

I love the smell of mashing in the morning.

Btw. I did think an inner pot made from a plastic FV would work well. (just not so shiny)!!!

Hi Druncan,

If you are interested, I have made a video of the BigBrew in action. (sorry about the poor editing, but I am learning from my mistakes). https://youtu.be/YbKIXSETaI8

Happy brewing!

Good job. I like how smooth your brew days are. Mine are like WW3.

Quick Q, you have 2 washers stacked up on all the fittings? How do you get them to seal?

Good job. I like how smooth your brew days are. Mine are like WW3.

Quick Q, you have 2 washers stacked up on all the fittings? How do you get them to seal?

There is a tutorial on Angelhomebrew, where I got my pots. Did a great job and top notch service.

There is a tutorial on Angelhomebrew, where I got my pots. Did a great job and top notch service.

After such a lot of negotiation and great help from Mark @ Brewbuilder (Thanks m8 :oops: )

I have finally done it and bought a 50l Induction brewpot with 5 TC ferrules and all the extra gubbins.

Fek'n, Spent all my brownie points as well :whistle:

Planning my migration with partial LME/Grain mashes first. Then full steam ahead.

I better go and be good now. :nono:

1-Brewbuilder 50l 5tc ferrule.jpg

Wow. Pretty!

Cheers m8, It's been shipped!

Now although FG brewing is the whole fooking point of this,,, As part of the deal:doh:,,, My partner wants an aesthetic looking brew pan. That will be hopefully sitting in a planned mezzanine above the restaurant on upcycled old copper pipes when not in use. (:whistle::thumb::thumb::thumb::whistle:)

Been talking to my partners Dad who is a born again woodworker and planning a wood cladding for insulation. Looking at some willow/beech or hardwood strips. Looking at routing |T&G to give expansion allowance and then two Brass / stainless steel bands.

Is this stupid or do-able? I'm thinking sticky wort boil over = uncleanable and cleaning/sanitisation risks,,, etc
Seen loads of Microbrewery Lauter/Mash tuns lined in wood. How do they cope?
Just wanting to keep things looking nice,,, but no sanitisation risks.
Help? Ideas?

If it's only used for mashing then not an issue. But regular cleaning might quickly wear out the wood. It's nice to have things smooth and easy to spray off and clean. In Japan we have these huge bath and shower rooms. Lots of space because Japanese bathe with the whole family so the room has to be big. You can fit all your pots, kegs, hoses in them and just go to town cleaning everything.

Sanitation is not a problem as you will be doing the boil in the pot, so it will be sanitary. You I'll still have to get it clean, and you are adding to the weight. That may be ok.

Well the Brewbuilder 5 port T/C 70l pot is here and first impressions,,, Well made and very S/Shiny!!

Sadly, I forgot the 5 1.5" TC clamps,, Now on the order,,, Rectified:doh:

Tested on IH,and it is Fooking Kookin,,, So, we are happy. It works!!

Need clamps and then BIAB heaven,,,,,, :whistle:
Will post some pics.

Sadly, never realised that a 70l SS cooking pan could cause so much excitement,,, :oops:

Sounds fantastic. How are you doing the inner pot?

My old Young's hdpe brew bin with loads of 0.3mm? Holes across the base only. Then Just need to fit four? 20mm x 50mm bolts to act as inner supports?

The frustrating thing is I may not be able to use it until November when we close as may take me to long to get the skills to do WG,,,,, I still struggle with time to do 10gallon extract/steeped grains/hop tea at the moment,,,,,

The pot sits on the hob fine. I just wonder how it will cope with 60+ kg weight on it? I may have to put external supports to spread the load?

On another issue. I was also curious to know how to judge if the coarseness of your barley grind is correct? :-? :whistle:

70litre brewbuilder pot.jpg

TC clamps in the post. SSteve on the case with our sadly weird hard water. The pieces are slowly falling into place.

Mark @ BBuilder say's my 70l 5 port IND pot is one of four prototypes. It would be nice to hook up with the other three BIAB BBbrewin horsemen?

Latest posts

Back