1st attempt at kegging and carbing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers godsdog and dads_ale you're top blokes ;) it's because of people like you why I love this forum .. you're happy to give the noobs like me time and help us get there.. I've just tried the 3/16 tube and that's loads better .. still not perfect.. still a massive head but I pour a pint and more than half is beer rather than a full glass of foam..

Also there is loads if carbonation in the beer now could even be too much .. but I like it fizzy so I ain't complaining ;) and it lovely and cold and dangerous because I want to drink loads of it..

Ok no I told you so ;) but it is over carbonated now .. it's just not right.. I do like my drinks fizzy but over fizzy beer is just wrong.. a nice lager now your talking but beer .. nope, it just ain't right..
I've tried releasing all the CO2 from the valve and turning it right down to 8 I read somewhere thats all I need to do to sort out over carbonated beer but it's not working..
Any tips guys?? One thing I read said to take lid off for an hour.. nope.. No thanks. I don't fancy that idea .

Ok no I told you so ;) but it is over carbonated now .. it's just not right.. I do like my drinks fizzy but over fizzy beer is just wrong.. a nice lager now your talking but beer .. nope, it just ain't right..
I've tried releasing all the CO2 from the valve and turning it right down to 8 I read somewhere thats all I need to do to sort out over carbonated beer but it's not working..
Any tips guys?? One thing I read said to take lid off for an hour.. nope.. No thanks. I don't fancy that idea .

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6whE1jrVQ4[/ame]
watch this,there is a a website calculator in the video which may help you,all seems feasible to me worked out by some clever dick even though im in no need of it:thumb:
hmm video not working,never mind heres the website
http://www.mikesoltys.com/2012/09/17/determining-proper-hose-length-for-your-kegerator/

That's a good video to make sure your pressure is right but I think he has too much co2 is what he's saying.
Try this remove your gas ball lock and attach a black liquid one to it. On the gas side attach a short hose as a blow off and stick the open end into a bottle or something to catch foam and beer if it flies out. Now relieve the pressure and attach the gas blow off line.
Now attach the gas tank to the beer out line. Start applying gas through the beer. In theory this should force out the co2. I really couldn't tell you exactly how much pressure to push through the beer but it shouldn't be much.

Back