Best price for a grainfather?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poochops

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well I've decided to take the plunge and buy one, sold a lense the other day so the cash is ready to burn I'd like to order one over the weekend :thumb:

Everywhere appears to be similarly priced, I want the unit, sparge heater, micro pipe work, cleaner and a jacket, does anyone know any good deals about? Am I missing a discount code or a special offer? I've looked at all the obvious places and give or take a tenner there's no difference where I've checked.

Cheers
Si

Can't quite remember but...there's a hb shop who advertise /sell on eBay and they have stuff Inc the gf on best offer basis...
Just had a look...homebrew supplies Worcester. .he has the gf and sparge water heater for £775...dunno if this is a good price or not...but he looks like collection only...might be worth a phone call if he's open to haggling....

You can get the grainfather with connect box from malt miller using the 5% code I posted in the offers section for £640 or 740 from brewuk with a free sparge heater.

Well I've decided to take the plunge and buy one, sold a lense the other day so the cash is ready to burn I'd like to order one over the weekend :thumb:

Everywhere appears to be similarly priced, I want the unit, sparge heater, micro pipe work, cleaner and a jacket, does anyone know any good deals about? Am I missing a discount code or a special offer? I've looked at all the obvious places and give or take a tenner there's no difference where I've checked.

Cheers
Si

If memory serves, I got mine from Hood Brewing Supplies.

It is interesting that the GF is a bit of a commodity. Very good advert for its functionality and fitness for purpose.

So...some sell the gf for 640. ..or you can pay 740 and get the 100 sparge for free...eh? Total nonsense... that must make the rrp of the gf 740....so either way you get ....nothing free!

Thanks for the pointers chaps. Well the Geterbrewed discount code doesn't work which is a bit of a pisser, the maltmiller one does though and comes in at £797 for my list, Geterbrewed is £811 but you get a mashkit worth about £14.00 so they're both the same to all intents. Brew uk £814, homebrew shop £825, lovebrewing (my local) £825. The dude in Worcester doesn't deliver and was dearer again so there we are.
Tempted to go with Maltmiller, I think if your going to have a discount code it should work for everything, then if it's a forum code it should make it more competitive than the competition or otherwise what's the point or benefit to forum members?
Then I'm thinking I've already got a 32litre pan for Biab, so I should probably sack the sparge heater and fit a tap to my pan.... Hmmm, sleep on it!

Clint, just like lunch, there's no such thing as a free sparge heater:lol:

So...some sell the gf for 640. ..or you can pay 740 and get the 100 sparge for free...eh? Total nonsense... that must make the rrp of the gf 740....so either way you get ....nothing free!

They reneged on the deal with me and asked for the money back, so be careful.

I did say in my comment that the Gf that came with the sparge heater was more expensive, I managed to get the 5% discount which worked out well because I also bought the coat, mash paddle, cleaner and a few other bits.
The free mash kit i got was £22.00 at the time so all in I think i got a good deal.
Thehomebrewcompany also do a 5% discount for members and they stock grainfather

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk...mash-kit-and-steriliser-new-model-p-3531.html

Thanks for the pointers chaps. Well the Geterbrewed discount code doesn't work which is a bit of a pisser, the maltmiller one does though and comes in at �£797 for my list, Geterbrewed is �£811 but you get a mashkit worth about �£14.00 so they're both the same to all intents. Brew uk �£814, homebrew shop �£825, lovebrewing (my local) �£825. The dude in Worcester doesn't deliver and was dearer again so there we are.
Tempted to go with Maltmiller, I think if your going to have a discount code it should work for everything, then if it's a forum code it should make it more competitive than the competition or otherwise what's the point or benefit to forum members?
Then I'm thinking I've already got a 32litre pan for Biab, so I should probably sack the sparge heater and fit a tap to my pan.... Hmmm, sleep on it!

Clint, just like lunch, there's no such thing as a free sparge heater:lol:

If you have a 32 litre pan then i'd say save yer self £90.00, plus i'm pretty sure there are cheaper sparge water heaters out there for less

I did say in my comment that the Gf that came with the sparge heater was more expensive, I managed to get the 5% discount which worked out well because I also bought the coat, mash paddle, cleaner and a few other bits.
The free mash kit i got was �£22.00 at the time so all in I think i got a good deal.
Thehomebrewcompany also do a 5% discount for members and they stock grainfather

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk...mash-kit-and-steriliser-new-model-p-3531.html

The code stopped working and as they are not members we couldn't ask them to sort it so it it was removed.

Thanks for the heads-up everyone, I ordered one earlier from maltmiller using the discount code provided by Chrissparky, can't wait for it to arrive on Saturday I'm already planning what to brew on Sunday! Sacked the sparge heater off and bought a 12quid valve to go on my Biab pot instead, treated myself to a shiny mash paddle and some silicone syphon tube too.
Am I a bit excited? Yes I am :smile:

Thanks for the heads-up everyone, I ordered one earlier from maltmiller using the discount code provided by Chrissparky, can't wait for it to arrive on Saturday I'm already planning what to brew on Sunday! Sacked the sparge heater off and bought a 12quid valve to go on my Biab pot instead, treated myself to a shiny mash paddle and some silicone syphon tube too.
Am I a bit excited? Yes I am :smile:

Welcome to the grainfather club [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back