My "Static" Brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well after having to faff about moving mash tuns boilers etc around to brew since April 2007 tomorrow I finally get to set it up as a 'static' brewery in the garage :cool: work commences tomorrow morning and hopefully by the end of the day i'll have it set up ready to do my first brew in my shiny 100L boiler on Sunday :party:

It's nothing special, and will still rely on gravity and lifting several lots of 10 L wort but in time I'll have it set up to pump the beery love juice around :cheers:

Before / After and Brew pics to follow :D

Work has begun :D a few problems trying to site the HLT and Boiler so that the steam doesn't go near the power distribution box (soon to be replaced and re-sited) and also need to make sure I can still open the garage.... :roll: but i'm getting there :thumb:

Oh, to have a permanent set-up. :cool: Missus Wez is clearly very accommodating. Can't wait to see the pics :clap:

great stuff wez! will have to pop over and have a butchers at the new brewery sometime when its complete ;)

It's done, some pictures have been taken which will be posted later - it's pretty basic, it's just metal shelving with everything let out on a permanent basis - it works for me. :thumb:

Just weighing out ready for a brew tomorrow :party:

Seriously, don't get too excited, it's just shelving and the old equipment plus the 100L shiny :D

uploading pics now

I won't get to excited
:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D :D :D :D :D :D

Right, what I had in mind didn't work out, I wanted to sit the shelves next to each other but due to the placement of the power distribution box I couldn't, too much risk of steam getting to it so I decided to separate them with that old tallboy wardrobe (grain store) but then I couldn't open the garage door...so I ended up sticking that set of shelves end on.

So the brew process for me now is:

Collect the wort from the tun up to around 10L stick the collection vessel (an FV) on top of the tallboy and run into the boiler while another FV is filling so in theory only 10L of lifiting at a time until the end when I fill 2x 25L FV's

Hope that makes sense ?

Ok then.. a few pics

Before...clutter!
048.jpg

Clutter Cleared
049.jpg

Shelving Up and Equipment in Place
050.jpg

60L HLT 66L Tun and 2x 25L FV's as collection vessels
051.jpg

Grain Store and 100L boiler
052.jpg

The Newly Homed Fledgling Brewery
055.jpg

Cheers, it's not much but it means I have 'my space' to brew now :cool: Kick off all depends on how many I have tonight :D

Yeah there are plenty of screws attaching both sets of shelves to the wall :grin:

Latest posts

Back