Forgot priming sugar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cornish_Wrecker

Reaction score
...well, my dad kindly bottled the latest brew for me but when I asked him how much priming sugar he used he said "what priming sugar"!

Upshot is I've got 5 gallons of beer in 11 x 2 litre lemonade bottles which have now been sitting there for a month. Question is should I leave them or open them up to add the sugar now?

Thanks in advance

...well, my dad kindly bottled the latest brew for me but when I asked him how much priming sugar he used he said "what priming sugar"!

Upshot is I've got 5 gallons of beer in 11 x 2 litre lemonade bottles which have now been sitting there for a month. Question is should I leave them or open them up to add the sugar now?

Thanks in advance

No problem. Use a funnel and take the tops off one by one and add a generous spoon of sugar to each one before putting the top back on quick. There will be some CO2 in the bottles and it will fizz up a fair bit.

Then keep them warm for a week or so and then a little while back in the cool should be fine.

If the first bottle is quite fizzy already, which is on the cards, then the job is done, courtesy of bottling a bit early.

Latest posts

Back