anyone ever make alcotec 23% turbo yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daithi55

Reaction score
hi all bought one of these a few weeks ago
has anyone any tips on how to improve the alcohol content and will normal table sugar do
would appreciate any help
i was thinking of adding some jack daniels wood chips to some of it that i saw on sale in a shop
ive never attempted this before my only experience is brewing from cans with good results

Normal sugar is fine but make sure you don't use more than 8kg, any more than that doesn't get fermented and leaves a sickly taste.

Also you need to filter it through activated charcoal to get it clear and drinkable. If you don't filter it somehow it doesn't smell too good, have a dig around this forum for advice on filtering http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43

You can add wood chips , I've tried it and it wasn't for me but that's just personal taste. You can use the flavourings you can get from homebrew shops also.

Despite what it says on the label it will take about 10 days to ferment

thanks mate was looking through that link a lot of info il need to read up a lot
from what i can see i follow the packet instructions

18lts water at 40.c
add 8kg sugar
add yeast, nutrient, and activated carbon
after 3 hrs stir in foam
leave to ferment for about 10 days
clear for 2 days by adding turbo clear
then filter using tha carbon method from another thread

I'm using the same pack, just set it up now. I've used almost what the pack said (10kg of brewing sugar).

Gonna have a read of that link above but I was just wondering with all the fermenting going on, how does the gas escape the bucket? Does it just seep out or will it pop the lid up?

from looking online your supposed to remove airlock and add a pipe
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyWEN1Bvvuo[/ame]

Thanks, I just chucked all 3 packs in the bucket and put the lid on, the gas seems to just push out the rim of the lid.

Half way through now, how's yours getting on?

Back