Kwak (Quack)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asalpaws said:
Sounds like a good job to me, assuming a 20 degree ferment my calculator gets that to 2.5 Vol of CO2. Should be fizzy. T

Yeah I was reading some stuff after this about amount of sugar, etc. It may be too much BUT there was a chunk of it left at the bottom of the bottling bucket (clearly hadn't dissolved properly) so might be less fizzy than expected. We shall see. :D

This was my first all grain brew and I was ecstatic at how close to the original it was.
My recipe is on the beersmith cloud if you want it. Username edonald774

So this bad boy has been bottled in the warmth for two weeks now so before transferring to the cold basement (for a good few weeks) I grabbed myself a cheeky taste. Holy ****. It tastes and smells VERY, very good. The smell instantly reminds me of Kwak and the taste is wonderful. Maybe a bit too fizzy but hey its my first AG. So far so good with this, great recipe and I have a bottle of Kwak waiting for a taste test. :thumb:

Well done mate, I think technically a Belgian double should be quite fizzy. I know if you pour a Kwak into the mini yard glass to fast, there's foam every where! T

I tried Kwak in China the other day, and now I am back in Birmingham, the best place to get it seems to be The Post Office Vaults.
For those who have not tried it yet, it is very similar to Fullers Golden Pride, and if you haven't tried that either then you should get out more ! :rofl:

Latest posts

Back