Pectolase - pectic enzyme

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pith-head

Reaction score
Hi every one, could i just ask you guys if Pectolase is the same as pectic enzyme.

And if it is, is it still usable after its best before date, in this case a best before date of 2010

And can anyone recommend a good on-line home brew supplier?

Thanks.

Yes its the same (see below) i would not risk using something 4 years out of date.

I have used the home brew shop in the past and delivery is always fast, the only down side is postage as with most on line shops can be almost the same as say a pot of pectolace so if you are buying a single item its expensive, do you not have a boots chemist, Wilko or a health food shop near you?

The home brew shop - http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/index.html

Pectolase (pectolytic enzyme) breaks down pectin in wine prior to fermentation. Pectin occurs in fruits which make jam and this causes the jam to set. This is not something you want when making wine as pectin can form a haze that will not clear.

Thanks for the reply Chippy, yes we do have a boots and Wilko in town, but i did not think they would sell small items like pectolase, but i will certainly give them a try to-morrow. Failing that i will just have to order on line. Thanks again for the advise, i hope i will be able to return the favor at some time.

Thanks a lot.

See the third page on the attached link.
Down to 75p in the sale

http://www.wilko.com/homebrew/homeb...page=12&_suid=1406754775456027015779103266563

Thanks for the link Slid, but i went to Wilko to day, the pectolase and yeast nutrient cost me 1.19 each, they might not have been informed of the sale price's or the sale started after i bought my bits. I also got some wine finings while i was there, i cant remember how much that was though. One things for sure is that i will remember Wilko in future. Thanks again Slid and thanks again to Chippy, i am more than grateful for your help. Cheers guys.

Latest posts

Back