The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispurvis

Reaction score
Hi all. New to home brewing. Hopping to brew some lagers and ales. Sure i will have many questions and with time some answers too.

Welcome, Chris!

Exciting times ahead, right! I'm quite new to this myself but thoroughly enjoying it!

Thanks for the welcomes.

Now to the important stuff.....beer
im just waiting for my current batch to ferment and am already on the marks to get another underway.
Ive just picked up a wilko light golden lager, 1kg of muntons brew enhancer and 500g of light spray malt. am concidering putting all in to 23ltr.
Opinions please?

Chris

Thanks for the welcomes.

Now to the important stuff.....beer
im just waiting for my current batch to ferment and am already on the marks to get another underway.
Ive just picked up a wilko light golden lager, 1kg of muntons brew enhancer and 500g of light spray malt. am concidering putting all in to 23ltr.
Opinions please?

Chris
Sounds like a plan to me Chris, most kits are almost foolproof and quite forgiving, I have never tried a Wilko kit but all Coopers 1 can kits are good especially when you add spraymalt.
Wait till you try the Youngs American range if that is your sort of thing
Cheers

Thx for heads up. Now gonna google "youngs american range" and see what i can get myself.

Cheers

Thx for heads up. Now gonna google "youngs american range" and see what i can get myself.

Cheers

I have finished the Amber Ale and it is easily one of the best kits I have ever done,I have the Pale Ale fermenting away now and the IPA in the cupboard to be done after I have brewed my Coopers Mexican Cerveza and added an obscene amount of Cascade pellets to my Coopers Draught Lager.
It's all good mate.
Enjoy:party:

Just now bottled my pilsner. And thrown in wilko lager, 500g spraymalt and 800g of brew enhacer. After sterilizing of course.
Couple of questions if you dont mind.
Is the spare enhancer as good for priming as sugar?
Also in the excitment of getting my 3rd brew under way. Ive managed to pitch my yeast at 33°. Ive quickly opened windows and doors and stuck ice packs around FV to cool it asap. Is it gonna fail?

Thx again
Chris

Enhancer is fine to prime with, can't see much of a difference with dextrose being used,others may correct me though.
What brew did you pitch yeast to at high temp ?

Just now bottled my pilsner. And thrown in wilko lager, 500g spraymalt and 800g of brew enhacer. After sterilizing of course.
Couple of questions if you dont mind.
Is the spare enhancer as good for priming as sugar?
Also in the excitment of getting my 3rd brew under way. Ive managed to pitch my yeast at 33°. Ive quickly opened windows and doors and stuck ice packs around FV to cool it asap. Is it gonna fail?

Thx again
Chris

That is a bit high but it may be OK. Have some spare yeast ready just in case. Keep an eye out for signs of fermentation over the next 24hrs.

Oh and welcome to the forum..

Pms67
A wilko light golden lager. Believe its an ale yeast.
im away over wkend as of tomorrow early am. But when im back ill take a hydrometer sample, have a cheeky swig and let you all know how it seems.
thx again for all your replys

Ok mate,I would say it will be fine but m no expert, in the 50 odd kits I've done only 2 haven't turned out and both times my fault.
Keep us posted.
Bought my first Wherry today,Wilkos real ale and Pilsner for £34
Happy days :drink:

Before leaving this morning i checked my brew. Changed colour, formed a krausen and temp had dropped to 24° think were good. Will keep you updated thoe

Hi guys. Havnt checked gravity yet. But we defo had krausen. Beer has turned really pale.
Happy days. :)

Right guys we are brewing. Infact were getting close to bottling stage.
Ive already got plenty of bottles conditioning about 50-60 pints.
So im in no hurry to bottle this brew. Would it make the beer any better to leave in FV another week? And more importantly it wont harm the beer would it?

Cheers gents
Chris

Back