Error messages

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingfisher

Regular.
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing error messages from the server when trying to post or access the site :?: It's been happening regularly over the last couple of days Is it just me or more widespread :?: I'm copying everything I post as I lose the content when this happens.

Cheers K, yep we have been in contact with the hosting company and they are looking into it, it appears to be an issue with other sites that we share server space with, if they can't sort it out we'll move to another host :cool:

I can offer hosting at very reasonable rates ;). So far the server at Dreamhosts (Certainly the one I'm on) has proven to be very reliable, with only a few days of downtime in total in the three years I've been with them . . . And in fact most of that was one major network outage, when they lost power to the entire building the datacenter was housed in . . . the servers stayed up but the routers went **** up . . . and they had to get CISCO out to replace the innards.

Hi Guy's

Please bear with us, it seems that the hosting company are having a few problems and I have contected them tonight to air our displeasure at the situation. Hopefully we can be moved onto a server which is less problematic.

For now, it seems that the main problems are when you submit a post; 503 errors, page cannot be displayed error and sometimes a mySQL error, as a work-around if you hit F5 to refresh the page the posting dialogue box comes back empty, it does though seem to have posted your message so I just click 'board index' when this happens. As a safety net if you are typing lots of text and want to be sure you don't loose it, highight it all right click and copy it.

I'm not sure if this work-around works on all platforms - seems to be OK in XP and Vista, maybe someone running other OS's could post here if it's different.

I'll keep you posted with what they say :thumb:

Thanks Guys :D

yep right click and copy is the same for ubuntu ;)

you'd be knackered on mac though as they only have one button :lol: i think holding the mac button and click for a "right click" on that works.

of course there is the option of writing it in Notepad/wordpad on windows, using Gedit on linux, and whatever MacOS uses, then pasting it into the web page when done, just to be doubly sure

Don't like to complain guys but the windy up server is still fng posts up and spoiling a brill forum :wha:

Cheers K, we're on it, see the thread in the 'information' section

They are working on a problem with the server at the moment.

If it continues to be a problem we will change hosts, it's not what we needed really just as we started to grow nicely, thanks all for bearing with us. :cheers:

Hello Wez.
There seemed to be some problems with UK and US hosted sites yesterday, for me trying to access from spain. HBF was one of the few sites I could actually access. although for the past couple of days I could not use the smilies, although that seems to be fine now :cheers: :party:

I am on a Mac OSX 10.4.11 running Firefox 3.0.3 if that is any use.

Cheers P :thumb: it seems to be behaving itself for the moment, they have admitted that they had problems yesterday, but for me the problems are far too common, we are working on them and hope to have a stable platform either with the current hosts or with someone else very soon.

PITA. It keeps happening to me but my posts are posted. I'd offer the use of my server-we have our own here but i'm a complete fuckwit when it comes to computers and if it goes down i don't fancy a call in the middle of the night. I'd have to phone my IT guy Ian to sort it anyway. :roll:

Small prob that i'm sure you'll sort out Captain WEZ anyway. :cool:

Latest posts

Back