dial thermometers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobb

Reaction score
hi,

ive been AG brewing for about 5 months now and so far have been using plastic home made gear to do so and would like to upgrade to something a little more shinny. ive been looking in the how to guide and RIMS/shinny bits section of the forum which is great for tips and ideas.

my question is how should i go about fitting a dial thermometer like the one in this link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/45MM-DIAL-STA...ptZUK_Kitchen_Accessories?hash=item439b5d82db to a ssteel pot/keg so that it is water tight? i would like to do this without doing any welding if possible

cheers

cobb

You'll need something with a thread on the back of it, you can then drill a hole for it and use a nut and a washer to make the pot watertight. There was one for sale HERE ;)

Magnetic is good as long as the surface you want to put it on is magnetic, most stainless steel items are non magnetic, and if you are using aluminium then it definitely wont stick to it.

I would go for the drill a hole and screw it up tight, & the £30 mark is not a lot for a good quality thermometer.

Shane

cheers shandy pants.

Maybe i should think about spending a bit more money then in that case. best see what else i need to get first

Latest posts

Back