Hop advice needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaigonBlaze

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I'm brewing a sessionable west coast style APA/IPA for a party. I have some hops I'd like to use up, not necessarily all of them but as much as possible. I have:

Mosaic - about 50g/2oz
Comet - about 40g/1.5oz
Columbus - about 25g, just under 1oz.

Something with a nice, solid floral/citrus aroma and a nice chewy, resiny backbone would be ideal. I was thinking of clean bittering with columbus very early in the boil and then throwing in some simcoe and the mosaic for aroma/flavour toward the end. Nothing too complex, but nothing too close to a 'lowest common denominator' approach either!

Dry hopping isn't really practical for the time I have, I'll only consider it for 3 - 5 days max if a poster thinks it's essential for their suggested style.

I've only ever used comet and mosaic in combination with a sh*ttonne of citra (James, the Legend, Double IPA which was on here a few weeks ago) so I'm not sure how it stands up in isolation.

Hello folks,

I'm brewing a sessionable west coast style APA/IPA for a party. I have some hops I'd like to use up, not necessarily all of them but as much as possible. I have:

Mosaic - about 50g/2oz
Comet - about 40g/1.5oz
Columbus - about 25g, just under 1oz.

Something with a nice, solid floral/citrus aroma and a nice chewy, resiny backbone would be ideal. I was thinking of clean bittering with columbus very early in the boil and then throwing in some simcoe and the mosaic for aroma/flavour toward the end. Nothing too complex, but nothing too close to a 'lowest common denominator' approach either!

Dry hopping isn't really practical for the time I have, I'll only consider it for 3 - 5 days max if a poster thinks it's essential for their suggested style.

I've only ever used comet and mosaic in combination with a sh*ttonne of citra (James, the Legend, Double IPA which was on here a few weeks ago) so I'm not sure how it stands up in isolation.

Simcoe in a bag at flameout then. remove bad on day 5 of ferment?

Latest posts

Back