SS SHEETS

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corby_brewer

Landlord.
Reaction score
Right im under instructions from Mrs Siv that i cant do another AG brew untill we move house :(
So ive decided to sort of upgrade my current setup. Now i use a 30ltr BURCO as my boiler and im wanting to make a false bottom from SS. Now MD as given me a link for a ebay site which sells SS sheets but unfortunatly its not solid enough to make a false bottom, so i was wondering if anyone knows somewhere that sell solid SS sheets with 1mm hole at a resonable price.

Hop and Grape make false bottoms to order for about 60 squid i think :thumb: Not sure how good they are but i know Vossy bought one once.

I bought mine from H & G ! John the owner will make you one up to fit ! He will need the diameter of the bottom of your vessel! Like AT says Vossy had his made by John too!
We have both fitted nuts and bolts into the SS false bottom to keep it just off the bottom to prevent stuck mashes! I think it cost me £48 and I have an 80 litre Thermo MT!
Hope this helps D :thumb:

I got my SS Sheet from a eBay Seller called TopSecretJob . . . its the same stuff that Hop and Grape sell ;)

I've had 2 false bottoms made by John at the Hop and Grape, one for a H&G 50ltr mash tun and one for a 80ltr thermo box. SS sheet is quite easy to cut with tin snippers in a straight line but circles are awkward, much easier to let John do it for you. If you do get one from John speak to him first. The diameter of the cut disc needs to be slightly smaller than the total inner diameter of the tun. He then puts beer, line slit down the middle, around the fb, this takes out any uneveness in the circumfrence of the tun.

If you still want to make your own top sectret job doesn't appear to be selling on e-bay at the mo, but metal off cuts are. They will cut to any size, not sure about circles though as I've ony has squares cut, and they also sell the same stuff that John makes his FBs from.
They also do nice bespoke gear :thumb:
Click on the 'contact us' tab for the e-bay store :thumb:

thanks for that V1, i was talking to someone who works at a local engineering work shop this morning and he said that he would cut it for me free of charge. Also he said that he has got some perferated copper sheets, with holes of 1.5mm. Would this be ok to use? as he told me that for £5 he would cut and fit it.

Latest posts

Back