Dalex Tap Fitting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigStoo

Reaction score
I've managed to get hold of a second hand Dalex tap to replace the "picnic" tap that's currently on my Corny.

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how the pipework will attach to it.

It looks to me like there is a John Guest fitting coming out of the back of it. The outside diameter of this fitting is 1/2 inch and the inside is about 5/16. It looks like the pipe should go on the inside as there's a little rubber washer in there. If I get 5/16 pipe, how will it stay in there? Am I missing a bit?

What's my best course of action? I'm currently using (I think) 3/8 inch pipe on my out disconnect.

By the way, is plastic pipe measured by the internal or external diameter? Does it come in 8, 10 and 15mm like copper?

To be honest, I'm more of millimeters guy...

I think I've cracked it.

It looks like was is a 3/8" to 5/16" reducer in the back of the tap. I've removed that to reveal what looks like a 3/8" push fit joint.
I've pushed my (slightly larger than) 3/8" pipe in there and it feels snug. Is it fair enough to use 3/8" pipe for the beer line?

I can't figure out how that reducer would work anyway. There isn't a collar that you pull to lock it.

Back