Winebuddy Cabernet Sauvignon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dx4100

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just done one of these kits on a whim.. Never done wine before.

I am at the bottling / throw it down the drain stage... Will this thing get better with age or can I make an assessment right now if its worth the effort keeping it ?

Its a bit... eeeek... at the moment... :P

Cheers

I have exactly the same issue. I bottled it on Christmas Eve and tried a bottle on NYE 2013. It was rank in fairness. Opening another bottle tonight to compare.

If its *****, the 3 remaining will sit until summer for the last chance saloon...

Let us know how it tastes... if its rank still I think I will just dump it...

Down the sink... Feel like writing them an email and asking why it doesn't say home brew pig urine instead of wine :)

Decided to send young's an email :)

Subject: was it some sort of joke ?

Hi

I just finished making your WineBuddy Cabernet Sauvignon 7 day kit. It promised 30 bottles of wine, it delivered 30 bottles of what can only be describe as the waste product from a pig.

Was it some sort of practical joke or were you serious when you put this product up for sale ? Just wondering as its hard to imagine you guys keeping a straight face or sleeping at night when you offered this kit up for sale :)

Regards

It now contains virtually no grape juice concentrate any more, using elderberry and apple concentrate instead. At best, about 20% fruit, the rest being sugar and water, so rubbish wine. However, the white versions are quite good.

I can't express my hatred for cheap wine kits enough. The Winebuddy merlot I made was THE most disgusting thing I have ever had the misfortune to taste. It's definitely a case of sh*t in sh*t out when it comes to cheap red wine kits.

Latest posts

Back