WineBuddy Sauvignon Blanc Kit - 30 bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have just ordered this kit and as there is no review in the A - Z thread wonderer if anyone here has made it?

51mqqCsAruL.jpg

Hi Chippy,

Not made it myself, but it's a 3.5 to 4kg of sugar kit to make 30 bottles.

Similar actual juice as a WOW. So actually - you are the man.

Good reviews on Tesco

http://www.tesco.com/direct/winebud...ottles/208-0830.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=208-0830

Some defy any form of understanding, though. From a lady who bottled before fermentation completion:

"Hoping that over the coming 3 months it improves and becomes slightly dryer".

A great triumph of hope over science in one sense, though it might indeed improve.

Thanks Slid, at the price i know its not going to be the best bottle of Sauvignon Blanc but as i mainly drink WOW's it will probably taste great, i made a WineBuddy 6 bottle white when i first started and that was fine so fingers crossed.

I will add a review when its finished.

Ive just finished making that kit. Got 26 bottles (not 30). Think I should have added a little more water. Very easy to do. Was my first attempt at wine making and I'm very pleased. Tastes pretty good already and only a couple of weeks old. I nearly always drink Sauvignon Blanc so know what it should taste like. Have just ordered another kit the same and a red too.

Thanks pookiehair, i only drink juice wines i make myself so i have no doubt its going to taste better than the stuff i make, as you mainly drink this type of wine and say its good that'll do for me. :thumb:

Ive just finished making that kit. Got 26 bottles (not 30). Think I should have added a little more water

I would rather lose a bottle or two than add more water.

I have just found this post by Tony in another thread.

The Winebuddy 30 comes with 1 litre of pure grape juice concentrate, but it's generic and probably contains little or no sauvignon blanc, the flavour of which is simulated with 2 sachets of flavouring. In the end, you get wine made from 20% grape, which doesn't seem much, but I can assure you it's pretty good, especially considering the cost per bottle! The kit also includes French oak chips, fast fermenting yeast and a unique 3 part fining kit which clears the wine within 24 hours.

Thanks pookiehair, i only drink juice wines i make myself so i have no doubt its going to taste better than the stuff i make, as you mainly drink this type of wine and say its good that'll do for me. :thumb:

I would rather lose a bottle or two than add more water.

Agree with the sentiment on the number of bottles. With beer, you always "lose" about a litre a batch. I have poured the liquid part into a 2L PET bottle and after settling, used the clear 500ml of it for braising beef with good results. Perhaps the remnants from wine would be even better? Coq au vin blanc?

Not so sure that the low grape juice content kits are going to beat your WOW's, though, Chippy, and would be interested to hear yours views on the subject later.

The old (1980's) Boots "3 week" wine kits were probably quite similar and were really good after 6-8 weeks or so and never got any better - not that they stayed undrunk long, though.

Not so sure that the low grape juice content kits are going to beat your WOW's, though, Chippy, and would be interested to hear yours views on the subject later.

I don't think i could make a WOW that tastes anything like the bottle of Sauvignon Blanc we tried, Tony and pookiehair said its very good for a cheap kit, i am looking forward to trying it.

The instructions said to put the bucket on a tray, i looked this morning and the Krausen has reached the under side of the lid, i have never seen a wine ferment this vigorously, i always use a blow off tube on the FV so i dont have to worry about it leaving the bucket.

The finished Sauvignon Blanc kit. Here's my first glass. I'm happy with that :party:

sauvignon-blanc-kit-aug2014-smaller.jpg

Last edited:
Watching this with interest Chippy as at the price of this kit I'd like to try it, it's half the price of a beaverdale kit. I appreciate it may not be as good but for a simple everyday wine worth a try. Let me know when you try your first bottle mate

Will do. :thumb:

Did you read the comments by Tony and pookiehair on page one of this thread?

Yes I did and all sounds promising. Having made a few wows and juice wines inspired by you I'd be interested in how you think it compares to them as I'd know more what you were comparing it to. No disrespect to those that have made it and the photos certainly look good and clear so I'm half sold on it but my plan was to finish the beaverdale 6 bottle kit and if successful start a 30 bottle kit of the same so if the wine buddy one is worthwhile at half the price then I could be swayed.

I am hoping to be drinking this next Friday, it says 7 days in the instructions but i know that is optimistic, i seem to remember the last WineBuddy kit i did finished in 9 days plus 2 for clearing so that will give it a couple of days in the bottles before my first taste, Tony said it does not get better with age so Friday it is.

Latest posts

Back