How did you get your user name.?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the word, and it's relevant to what I get paid to do as well (I'm not a professional archer/knight, by the way!).

I've had my name in various online games for about 20 years now. It all started when my husband Wrongway got me interested in a WW2 combat flight sim, Air Warrior. At the time, he was Zebedee (from The Magic Roundabout) and I wanted a name associated with his. I didn't want to be a cow, so Ermintrude was out, which left me with Florence. I started playing as Florence and this eventually became Flossy. Flossy has since played in World War II Online, There and currently plays Aces High, another WW2 combat sim, as well as Elite: Dangerous, a space sim. :)

I've had my name in various online games for about 20 years now. It all started when my husband Wrongway got me interested in a WW2 combat flight sim, Air Warrior. At the time, he was Zebedee (from The Magic Roundabout) and I wanted a name associated with his. I didn't want to be a cow, so Ermintrude was out, which left me with Florence. I started playing as Florence and this eventually became Flossy. Flossy has since played in World War II Online, There and currently plays Aces High, another WW2 combat sim, as well as Elite: Dangerous, a space sim. :)

Online gaming is where mine came from.. initially from PC FP war games medal of honour and clan league gaming [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online gaming is where mine came from.. initially from PC FP war games medal of honour and clan league gaming [emoji106]

Loved the MOH series, I started PC online gaming when we were still on dial up my username on the gaming servers was Max Ping as it usually was.

From the old folk song.....John Barleycorn

"The character of John Barleycorn in the song is a personification of the important cereal crop barley and of the alcoholic beverages made from it, beer and whisky." (Wikipedia).

My name isn't John either !

I live near Duxbury woods, Chorley. This was used as the name of the first town in the USA established by the Pilgrim Fathers, around 1626. I thought it had a bit of an international flavour so I shortened it and added UK.

Back