Tesco has apologised for any offence from a beer advertisement

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I love about this forum is the diversity of everyone and the immediate autocorrect when type certain words and are immediately corrected,hashed,starred so that you know what the word is but it can't be seen IN CASE SOMEONE TAKES OFFENCE.......😬

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

It's true..Christianity is one of the most civilised religions...especially after all those crusades but together with all the others still remains the root to all evil.....that and Boddingtons......
A great ad would have been a bearded gentleman with long hair who looked familiar...wearing a brew dog tee shirt saying 5am saint...99p!

Yes, a great piece and I couldn't agree more!

Personally, I am offended by alco-pop ads but they already banned them here.

I would imagine the majority of Christians in this country actually couldn't care less about the label they were given at birth and would feel the same about the advert.

When was the last time anyone here set foot in a Church other than at a wedding, funeral or your kids nativity play?

It's a dying trade and about time peeps woke up to the fact it's all fairy tales, churches and the land should be given back to the people who it was stolen off in the first place. Churches are shutting all around here because of total lack of interest. Another thing, why should they not pay rates on their homes ??

I just read the original post again and noticed that the complaint was raised by Reverend Richard Cole, vicar, broadcaster and celibate husband.

That would be the same Richard Coles who was in the Communards back in the 80s and has written and spoke at great length about his excesses both sexually and with hard drugs telling someone not to advertise beer for a Good friday?

Let him among you who is without sin cast the first stone, Richard!

I just read the original post again and noticed that the complaint was raised by Reverend Richard Cole, vicar, broadcaster and celibate husband.

That would be the same Richard Coles who was in the Communards back in the 80s and has written and spoke at great length about his excesses both sexually and with hard drugs telling someone not to advertise beer for a Good friday?

Let him among you who is without sin cast the first stone, Richard!

LOL, celibate husband, bet his wife buys a lot of cucumber at Tesco's !

I didn't know it was that Richard Cole - I had a 12" of theirs back in the day (just for DJing, of course.)

I didn't know it was that Richard Cole - I had a 12" of theirs back in the day (just for DJing, of course.)

Yeah he is the same guy, he is very intelligent,quite funny and self deprecating telling everyone how good a time he had but you should not do the same, or maybe if you do then just don't tell anyone about it! I am a bit surprised at him being slightly offended by this minor issue.

Some good records with Jimmy Summerville ( or was it Ian Hislop, never can tell!) back in the 80s, Don't leave me this way springs to mind.

His other half, or Husband is David Oldham, his also celibate gay partner.

They have to be celibate to stay within the laws of the Church of England.

That's pretty funny. Your not allow to be gay(cuz it says it in the bible). But now we've changed out minds about that. So now it's ok. But you've have to be celibate though (although it doesnt say that in the bible). Yeesh, these people are making it up as they go along

That's pretty funny. Your not allow to be gay(cuz it says it in the bible). But now we've changed out minds about that. So now it's ok. But you've have to be celibate though (although it doesnt say that in the bible). Yeesh, these people are making it up as they go along

It's a shame we bend over forwards for these church punk's. I meant backwards..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back