Tesco has apologised for any offence from a beer advertisement

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Church Punk - That could be Brewdog's latest Easter inspired beer :lol:

I used the word punk from the film 'escape from Alcatraz'. A nice chap named 'wolf' used it in the shower scene.

I understand 'Punk' has a different connotation to our American cousins. It has a vaguely similar connotation in 16th centuary English Slang

I've never looked into it. But there is a gay chat line being advertised on here if I need more education on it.

What you do in your own time is no concern of mine.

That certainly deserves an...

images.jpg

I've never looked into it. But there is a gay chat line being advertised on here if I need more education on it.

You do realise the ads that appear are targeted at you using your browsing history?

I get ads for brewing related stuff and electronic parts...

That's pretty funny. Your not allow to be gay(cuz it says it in the bible). But now we've changed out minds about that. So now it's ok. But you've have to be celibate though (although it doesnt say that in the bible). Yeesh, these people are making it up as they go along

It's ta conundrum for the C of E they cannot deny gay people access to the church as they would lose a lot of their congregation but at the same time cannot be seen to condone active homosexuality.

The compromise is that vicars are allowed to marry but be calibate so how is anyone going to know, maybe it is between the vicar and their god and given Richard Coles previous attitude do you think he will abstain?

Although it does not directly affect me because I am not gay or religious I think if an institution has principles they have to take a standpoint and either ban gay relationships or embrace them completely. the middle way they have chosen is a simple pretend it's not happening, a bit like the abuse of children* that went on for years , if we do not acknowledge then it didn't happen.

* Please do not think that I am suggesting that the abuse and gay clergy are definitively linked, it is the cover up in both cases I am highlighting.

Frank Zappa > Quotes > Quotable Quote
Frank Zappa
“There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over.”

― Frank Zappa

I don't have a problem if anyone is gay, or religious, or both. Hypocrites criticising others bothers me though. If one chooses to be a religious leader, I think they should lead by example, but this seems all too rare...

I think the problem the church has is that there are things in the bible and church doctrine that simply dont work in the modern world. Homosexuality being the big one. I think most people in Britain dont really care about other people's sexuality and are for the most part accepting of it. However the bible is quite explicit about being anti-homosexual (and anti-witch for that matter :lol:) so the church finds it quite difficult to square the circle

It's a dying trade and about time peeps woke up to the fact it's all fairy tales, churches and the land should be given back to the people who it was stolen off in the first place. Churches are shutting all around here because of total lack of interest. Another thing, why should they not pay rates on their homes ??

"Given back to people" you mean housing developers? They are already making loads of cash on knocking down pubs and building flats on them.

I go to church and I like Christianity (the message of Jesus not some of that other Old Testament nonsense that is anti this or that). I did a qualification in religious studies to understand it in general and other religions in particular and think on balance I like Christianity and Sikhism the best from an organised religion point of view (pretty much the same message about helping others) and Taoism from a non organised point of view. Organised Taoism misses the point I think!

My take on this is that personnaly I am not offended by this anymore than I am generally offended by the corporations running our lives. I am offended more by the dull eyed people who lift their eyes from their gadgets just long enough to consume more "stuff" at Christmas and Easter. I accept that Easter was plonked on top of the pagan spring festival as Christmas was on top of the Winter Soltice. Personally we as a family mark both the Christian and pagan festivals as we are part of this planet, solar system and universe and like to enjoy the majesty of life as part of it all. I feel sorry for those people who spend their lives sleep walking from one consumption to another without any interest in the wider world as they are allowing these corporations to destroy the very thing they and their children rely on. I would prefer people just got interested in saving the most amazing place we know rather than either being offended or not seeing anything beyond stuffing chocolate down their throats. Happy Easter to you all.

"Given back to people" you mean housing developers? They are already making loads of cash on knocking down pubs and building flats on them.

I go to church and I like Christianity (the message of Jesus not some of that other Old Testament nonsense that is anti this or that). I did a qualification in religious studies to understand it in general and other religions in particular and think on balance I like Christianity and Sikhism the best from an organised religion point of view (pretty much the same message about helping others) and Taoism from a non organised point of view. Organised Taoism misses the point I think!

My take on this is that personnaly I am not offended by this anymore than I am generally offended by the corporations running our lives. I am offended more by the dull eyed people who lift their eyes from their gadgets just long enough to consume more "stuff" at Christmas and Easter. I accept that Easter was plonked on top of the pagan spring festival as Christmas was on top of the Winter Soltice. Personally we as a family mark both the Christian and pagan festivals as we are part of this planet, solar system and universe and like to enjoy the majesty of life as part of it all. I feel sorry for those people who spend their lives sleep walking from one consumption to another without any interest in the wider world as they are allowing these corporations to destroy the very thing they and their children rely on. I would prefer people just got interested in saving the most amazing place we know rather than either being offended or not seeing anything beyond stuffing chocolate down their throats. Happy Easter to you all.

I repeat from one of my other threads, There are two evils on this planet, religion and money, in that order ! It's a shame a minority are so insecure they need to believe that there is someone "up there" looking after them, age old stories of bull****, wake up people !

Don't bother repeating yourself, most likely people are ignoring you, which is quite wise.

One of the greatest evils in this world is religious bigotry such as you display. Most religious people are quite peaceful and happy to get along.

Don't bother repeating yourself, most likely people are ignoring you, which is quite wise.

One of the greatest evils in this world is religious bigotry such as you display. Most religious people are quite peaceful and happy to get along.

Who rang your bell !
Most religious people are quite peaceful and happy to get along=== Guess that's why the bombs keep going off ??

I think the problem the church has is that there are things in the bible and church doctrine that simply dont work in the modern world. Homosexuality being the big one. I think most people in Britain dont really care about other people's sexuality and are for the most part accepting of it. However the bible is quite explicit about being anti-homosexual (and anti-witch for that matter :lol:) so the church finds it quite difficult to square the circle

Christians are told to love all people including witches, homosexuals, there enemies and all sinners and must accept they are sinners as well. They are told specifically not to judge others for there sins though that doesn't mean they approve of them.

Who rang your bell !
Most religious people are quite peaceful and happy to get along=== Guess that's why the bombs keep going off ??

The bombs are from religious bigots who are no more religious than you, though they are often carried by the mentally weak victims of same. Very few religious people support terrorism, or even agree with their outspoken leaders and you are far more likely to be killed by an atheist to this day.

You just need to get out more, meet some people in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back