Impress your other half?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElvisIsBeer

Reaction score
Cook a fantastic meal?

Point the gable end?

Wash up every night?

Speak audibly after running up the stairs?

What would impress your significant other?

I do all the cooking.

We rent.

I already wash up every night.

She is terrible for whispering in another room and expecting me to hear.

Got any more suggestions?

Night fishing so she can get a good nights sleep

Brewing raspberry wheat beer as she loves it

And more recently spending way more than I was comfortable with on an engagement ring..

I was winning on the first two, so not so bad

My hubby is pretty impressed when I make him lots of yummy homebrew and he loves it when I geek out about gear and upgrades :grin:

Night fishing so she can get a good nights sleep

Brewing raspberry wheat beer as she loves it

And more recently spending way more than I was comfortable with on an engagement ring..

I was winning on the first two, so not so bad

Do you by chance have the recipe for that please?
I want to brew a few fruit beers for the summer.

:thumb:

My partner has a 'brewery face' A small amount of drool and her eyes glaze over,,,, I know it's then time to STFU,,,,:doh:
My wife trys to show an interest but has the same face when I talk about brewing :lol:

:thumb:

My partner has a 'brewery face' A small amount of drool and her eyes glaze over,,,, I know it's then time to STFU,,,,:doh:

I think mine tried to get her own back by talking about make up constantly for an entire week.

when I've put stuff away and the house is tidier than when she left it, for a laugh I ironed her side of the bed sheets and duvet (they were on the bed) I was rewarded with cracker crumbs on my side of the bed :-(

She does like my HB but can't handle the stronger beers :lol:

Buy her another cat or dog.
Do some house work...although I do diy and decorating when required..eventually.
Probably drink less. ..boring!
Tidy myself up a bit...she likes me looking half respectable...out of camo combats and scruffy stuff...especially my merrell slip ons ..well I struggle with lacing my left shoe due to my false hip!
Stop shouting! I DO LOVE A BIT OF SHOUTING AND PLAYING HELL ABOUT SOMETHING OR OTHER!
Tidy my stuff up....beer bottles all over the place..metal detectors and bits and bobs, books out on brewing,detecting, history,fishing.
Have a shave. I hate shaving. Haven't wet shaved for over 20 years...I just crop it with a beard trimmer.
Otherwise she says nowt! Can't complain!

Time to raise this one yet again.

I do my sterilising in the bath and when I finish I give the rest of the bathroom a quick wipe over with sterilising fluid and then tell her I've cleaned the bathroom using my steriliser so we now probably have the cleanest bathroom in town.

And failing that Clarkson always used to claim on Top Gear than doughnuts in cars always impress women. So theres an excuse for a driving day at a skid pan to learn how to do them. I once had a policeman I know offer to teach me how to do handbrake turns and reckoned he could get me to the point I could do one to park in a space facing the opposite way from my approach. Maybe I should have taken him up on it. Hes a Chief Inspector ans district commander.

Latest posts

Back