my beer is a tad too strong

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theskipper1

Reaction score
Hi it's not a problem but my last two Geordie kits winter warmer and a mild finish with a Abv of 5.8 % which is a little potent for me I normally am quite happy with 3.8 to 4
Cooper kits my favourite the stout are normally around this .... so why is this and what can I do to reduce the alcohol content slightly at the minute I just consume less .

It starts at 10 45 and finished 1005
I use 1 kg of brewing sugar and 85 g for the secondary fermentation as I barrel it .
It's in the f v for 10 days or there abouts depending on temp it carbs up lovely and tastes just fine .

Those readings should give around 5.2% not 5.8% are you reading the hyro correctly?

Have you tested the hydrometer in water at 20℃?

Did you use the kit yeast or another brand?

Those readings should give around 5.2% not 5.8% are you reading the hyro correctly?

Have you tested the hydrometer in water at 20℃?

Did you use the kit yeast or another brand?

Thank you for help the hydro meter does test out ok I have two I use also at the end of my calculation I do add 0.5 for the final sugar that I add to the barrel which gives me the 5.8 % Is this wrong ?? Re: yeast I just use what comes with the kit ...

Latest posts

Back