Question,OG not taken

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Just done my second small experimental 6 litre hoppy Extract recipe,again using the recipe builder on here.All went well but-
-In my eagerness i forgot to take the OG:doh:. I know it doesn't really matter but i have a question(for future reference) if it happened again, can it be tested after putting the yeast in?
Thanks

Just done my second small experimental 6 litre hoppy Extract recipe,again using the recipe builder on here.All went well but-
-In my eagerness i forgot to take the OG:doh:. I know it doesn't really matter but i have a question(for future reference) if it happened again, can it be tested after putting the yeast in?
Thanks

Yes but as you say, don't worry about it. Taking a sample once yeast is only just added is an infection risk (albeit an easily managed one).

I completely forgot to take the FG of my patersbier. But at least there I can just measure the gravity of a bottle once I open it. It'll be too late to do much about it by then if it did get stuck!

I often forget to take an OG. The last time I took an OG I took it after I added the yeast as I added the yeast as part of a 2L starter and it would effect the gravity reading. Didn't seem to cause any problems

Doesn't the recipe builder give you OG Chris?
Hi Mate
It does, yes.
Ok another question:mrgreen: having said that, is the OG going to be exactly as per recipe or could it vary :-?? I have no idea as it's only my second attempt at Extract.
I know it doesn't really make a scrap of difference but i just like to know what the ABV turns out at.

Latest posts

Back