FV Stinks of last brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
Is this normal? Just brought my stuff in from the shed and my FV stinks of my last brew. It was thoroughly cleaned with bleach and boiling water after my last bottling session and this hasn't happened before (although I've only done 4 brews).

I'll soak in with Oxi cleaner overnight and I was going to use it to sparge tomorrow anyway so that combo should kill anything sinister.

Yeah pretty standard.

I posted a while back about a pb I got from my dad's cellar. Hadn't been used or cleaned in 20years and it stank. Bleached it it a few times but it never really cleared up. Used it anyway and it's fine. Fvs usually pong a bit too but it's never affected a brew, as far as i can tell

Mine stunk of the previous brew (although it had o ly been bottled the previous day), but it smelled AMAZING. Made me more eager for it to carb up.

I'm afraid my FV doesn't get the chance, once the brew's bottled it's straight in the bathroom for a hose out, a wash with Oxy and then sanitized with Milton and then the next wort goes in.

Latest posts

Back