Beaverdale versus WineBuddy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinotinto

Landlord.
Reaction score
In case you needed to know, the winebuddy is on the right :)

Enough said?

IMG_1611.jpg

Have just bottled the Wine Buddy Cab Sav. 14 days from cradle to glass!
It is not actually that bad unless compared side by side with the Beaverdale as shown above.
It is very much like the lunchtime carafe style quaffing juice you get in a little french cafe although I reckon this is up to 12.5% POST 'fiddling'.

Based on this I have just ordered 4 x 30 bottle red selection through Tesco and with a little help from an outstanding voucher it has cost me £39.00 so cannot complain tooooo much.

which Beaverdale is it?

I've got a Nebbiolo almost finished and it's so dark I can't see my sediment trap below the surface until it pops out of the liquid.

Hardly surprising really given Beaverdale is a 7.5 litre kit vs WB which i recall comes with 1 litre of juice
albeit in a handy re usable bottle.

I tried all sorts of mods to improve the WB red kits but in the end gave up and tried Cellar 7 which comes with 5 litres of juice and brewed short to 20 litres makes a very reasonable staple wine without any other mods. Cost wise there is not much in it compare to the WB kits when you factor in the cost of the sugar.

Never did try WB white kits though, and i know a few people on the board enjoy them as a staple.

Pinot Noir. Done a few now and it is good. Got a Rojo tinto stsrted now to see what it is like.

Might give that one a try, the Nebbiolo on early tastings during racking etc is very promising. Do you do 30 bottle kits?

I've got a Rojo Tinto brewing, but it's a California Con, and only a 6 bottle (expensive) experiment.

I wish 6 bottle kits were proportionately priced against the 30's, but I understand why they will never be. So much easier to do.

Hardly surprising really given Beaverdale is a 7.5 litre kit vs WB which i recall comes with 1 litre of juice
albeit in a handy re usable bottle.

I tried all sorts of mods to improve the WB red kits but in the end gave up and tried Cellar 7 which comes with 5 litres of juice and brewed short to 20 litres makes a very reasonable staple wine without any other mods. Cost wise there is not much in it compare to the WB kits when you factor in the cost of the sugar.

Never did try WB white kits though, and i know a few people on the board enjoy them as a staple.

I considered a Cellar 7, brewed to 20 litres, how many bottles do you realistically get after racking? 25 ?

After hoping for 28 bottles with Beaverdale/Cal Con and not brewing short, I wondered if it's even worth saving a few pence per bottle by doing this.

I considered a Cellar 7, brewed to 20 litres, how many bottles do you realistically get after racking? 25 ?

After hoping for 28 bottles with Beaverdale/Cal Con and not brewing short, I wondered if it's even worth saving a few pence per bottle by doing this.

Good question, i don't bottle i bag and box but i always get 4 full 5 litre bags
with the cellar 7 kits.

I don't brew short with beaverdale or CC kits, they seem fine as they are.

i started this hobby with a winebuddy Merlot, and it was absolutely dreadful. Luckily I had always intended on making country wines, so it didn't put me off, but it did put me off kits until I found this forum.

The beaverdale nebbiolo is bottled, and initial taste is amazing. God knows what it will be like in 2-3 months. Will write a review when I get a minute.

Good question, i don't bottle i bag and box but i always get 4 full 5 litre bags
with the cellar 7 kits.

I don't brew short with beaverdale or CC kits, they seem fine as they are.

What does the above mean when you say you do not brew short What about the dead yeast at the bottom you must lose some wine ?

Thanks yet again Chippy looks I have to start learning this new Language Its took me all of 40 years to get to learn Latin . And basic Malay as I live out there for half a year Doh now a other new one to learn :lol::oops::mrgreen:

Back