Bugger me i brewed my own Ale AG#1 boddingtons clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titch

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well bugger me i brewed my own ale

was bottled 30/6/2011 just cracked open the three that were the "dregs" of the FV and bugger me they taste mighty fine to me

oops i just checked it was only 3 or 4 weeks not 6

jus tlooked at old posts
i must of marked it wrong on the lid

ooh well it tastes good anyway

nice one titch hope to start ag in the next few months, went out last night and tried a pint of so called boddies, no taste and looks more like larger than i remember it. does anybody know whats happened to it, its nothing like i remember.

baz burger said:
...went out last night and tried a pint of so called boddies, no taste and looks more like larger than i remember it. does anybody know whats happened to it, its nothing like i remember.

Boddingtons does not exist as a company any more it was purchased in 2000 by :evil: InBev :evil: the destroyer of brewerys and producers of blandness. The Strangways brewery was turned in to flats, the century's old well was plugged, the yeast was lost (about 5 years before acutally resulting in the sale to :evil: InBev :evil: ), the brew equipment was cut up and sold for scrap (some apparently ended up as part of a crisp flavoring factory!), the new brewery was set up in South Wales where the vast majority (smooth flow and cans) are produced in a constant brewing process (that I know nothing about but apparently they can brew beer 24/7 like a production line), where as the Cask Conditioned stuff (the stuff that you would prob acutally buy) is made under contract by Hydes in Moss Side, Manchester. Mainly so they can still say 'Made in Manchester' on the pump clips.

Unfortunately one of Boddingtons longest standing rivals is... Hydes! And this is still apparent by the lack of skill, effort and final quality produced in the Cask Conditioned Boddingtons at Hydes brewery. After all Hydes are producing a beer for someone else that is competing with their bitter across parts of Manchester.

I have worked with Boddingtons Cask for 6 years, very occasionaly it would smell of boddies.. but taste of **** water... occasionaly it was almost taste like boddies.. but smell like those urinal cubes you still sometimes see in pubs. Most of the time it was a bland golden bitter that tasted abit like Hydes Original.

Lecture over.. rage vented.

D

i agree :lol: havnt touched boddies really since the destruction of the company :shock:

nice one titch .... is it close to the true boddies ? :cheers:

Latest posts

Back