Bulk buying DME - any suggestions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldstout

Landlord.
Reaction score
Was in my LHBS this week and enquired about bulk buying medium or light DME - four of us at work to split equally. Wendy who runs it checked price list and quoted £130 for 25kg, and then said she'd ring her supplier to get any discount she could :thumb:

Supplier said they could do it for £127 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Times are hard indeed :eek: some discount that :rofl: :rofl:

Anyone buy this in bulk?

Any cheaper?

And where?

:wha:

:cheers:

£14 for 3kg at The Homebrew Company comes to £112, probably about the same price including delivery.
Maybe give the worcester hop shop an email, I know is starting to stock it very cheap (1kg for £4 I believe) and delivery rates up to 25kg are good.

i bought mine at the homebrew company one of our sponsers, it was cheaper than your price and fast delivery :cheers:

pittsy said:
i'm sure someone said £55 or there about for 25kg so don't order yet in case its true
Blimey that's cheap pittsy!! Think hard and remember where from!!
;)

I know this is LME but cheep

15KG LIGHT PREMIUM GRADE LIQUID MALT EXTRACT

£29.99 from worscter hop shop

Graeme

grapat said:
I know this is LME but cheep

15KG LIGHT PREMIUM GRADE LIQUID MALT EXTRACT

£29.99 from worscter hop shop

Graeme

Thanks Graeme, it's the dried stuff we'd prefer ;)

Dr. B said:
Seems to have just gone up, because I bought two bags of it for £13 each a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers for that Dr.B :clap: they must have known we wanted to buy in bulk at work :roll:

Enjoyed your music :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

U the bassist?

Was just looking at my LHBS and saw that DME is £59.99 for 15kg. Not a bad price all things considering.

As for postage all they say on the site is:

How much does delivery cost?

That depends on the value of the order - you will see that the more you spend the lower the delivery charge.

may be worth inquiering if you are still interested :thumb:

alanywiseman said:
Was just looking at my LHBS and saw that DME is £59.99 for 15kg. Not a bad price all things considering.

That depends on the value of the order - you will see that the more you spend the lower the delivery charge.

Cheers for that Alan :thumb:

oldstout said:
alanywiseman said:

Cheers for that Alan :thumb:

Did you ever enquire in to this? How much, and was that the dried extract?

Cheers

Nope, not yet :oops: one of our four at work has stopped brewing. The fool :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Still going to go for it between three of us, I'll keep you posted ;)

Latest posts

Back