An introduction (OK, that's not very original...)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrCirclips

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just found this forum after trawling through loads of seemingly American based boards...

I'm Marc, currently in Norwich, Norfolk.

I've started homebrewing in January this year after a legendary tour of the Humpty Dumpty brewery in Reedham and a chat with one of their brewers. Let's just say he sold this homebrewing malarkey very well!

I've so far completed three brews, one kit to get me started and two of my own recipes (extract + steeped grains) which have all turned out very well! I'm now moving onto all grain brewing with a BIAB setup. I'll keep you posted with my progress...

Looking forward to enjoying the forums!

Cheers,

Marc

Welcome to the forum - you live in a great city for Beer. I spent 6 months working there with Aviva (I worked for HP) and toured the great selection of real ale pubs.

My favorite had to be the Shed, on first visit drove past it twice not expecting to actually be a Shed.

Hi Marc, I'm in Sprowston so not far away.
There's a few more on here and Jim's who are not too far away as well....
Plus the Shed Brewers (CBA) who meet up in Norwich every 3 months to drink and talk beer.
Any questions just ask.

Keith

MrCirclips said:
Hi all,

Just found this forum after trawling through loads of seemingly American based boards...

I'm Marc, currently in Norwich, Norfolk.

I've started homebrewing in January this year after a legendary tour of the Humpty Dumpty brewery in Reedham and a chat with one of their brewers. Let's just say he sold this homebrewing malarkey very well!

I've so far completed three brews, one kit to get me started and two of my own recipes (extract + steeped grains) which have all turned out very well! I'm now moving onto all grain brewing with a BIAB setup. I'll keep you posted with my progress...

Looking forward to enjoying the forums!

Cheers,

Marc

Hi Marc, based in Norfolk myself and go to CBA meetings in Norwich. A guy called Istvan works for Humpty Dumpty and also goes to the Norwich meetings, was he one of the brewers you met?

Hi guys,

yes Norwich is absolutely fabulous for real ale. I am lucky enough to actually live 20 seconds away from the Fat Cat... So I'm well placed there!

I'd be interested in coming along to those CBA meets. How can I find more info on this?

I think it might well be Istvan I met, I'm terrible with names... All I can remember is that he was a young-ish guy with a PhD in biochemistry. He was telling us how during his studies he realised that his favourite bit about chemistry was making alcohol... So he decided to become a brewer instead!

By the way if you guys haven't visited the Humpty Dumpty brewery I would highly recommend it - even if it is only for the brilliant hospitality you'll receive... I'm on my second trip there - and counting.

Found it.

I take it you guys are referring to this: www craftbrewing org uk

I'll have a closer look at this!

Cheers,

Marc

MrCirclips said:
Found it.

I take it you guys are referring to this: www craftbrewing org uk

I'll have a closer look at this!

Cheers,

Marc

6th July and 5th October are the next meetings. They have usually been in the Fat Cat Tap but the venue has changed. If you pm me I will give you the email address of the guy who coordinates the events. That's the website and Aleman on this site and Jim's is currently updating it for new members to be able to join using PayPal. No need to join in the first place, come along have a look and see if it works for you. Great bunch of guys with a terrific wealth of knowledge only too willing to pass it on.

Istvan's the guy with a fullish goatee!

I think I'm around on the 6th of July.

I'll PM you closer to the date. Thanks Orlando.

Cheers,

Marc

Latest posts

Back