King Keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi evanvine I was only going to use bottles when I first started,but I soon got fed up of them so much messing around but the bottles are cheaper.

Just to tell the "other side of the story".

Until a year or so ago I used KK's for the previous 20 years exclusively and have no complaints, they are excellent if you keep them clean and Vaseline the bits that need it regularly.

For the past year I have been re-furbishing some very English old beer bottles that I've had lying around and a bunch of Swing top bottles. I even came across a John Smith's bottle the other day back from the times when JS's was not a bad pint.

I find that the taste stays more consistent in the bottles and they retain much more fizz with batch priming, the flavour seems to change more in the bottles than it does in KK's and almost exclusively for the better. Finally you can always put a couple of bottles aside to try in a years time. Not an easy thing to do with a KK.

I occasionally make a brew that I put into a KK for easy supping and keep 3 of them going still.

Hi LeithR

I don't mind bottling a few and putting in the shed if i want a few bottles of a cheap I use 2lt pop bottles,I've only used my KK once over Xmas with a coopers real ale. It was a nice brew but did lose it's flavour a little at the end like you said,I've just put an Woodfordes wherry in the empty one. I have a coopers IPA and stout nearly ready to put in the KK and easy kegs next,also will have to put some of it in bottles because not enough easy kegs to take all of the brew.

they are excellent if you keep them clean and Vaseline the bits that need it regularly.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back