My first time

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdaddy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im new to brewing and started my first brew last thursday. everything is going well. The only thing is im not getting many bubbles in the airlock.. but i have got a good crust round the top of the barrell. Is this ok???
goinh to take my first test tomorrow, hope its good. the lager has changed colour a nice light gold. I used a coopers kit for my fist time.

Any tips would be great help thanks
:cheers:

Hi and welcome. :drink:
All sounds O.K, it always slows down at the end of fermentation.. :thumb:
I'd leave it around 10 days for the yeast to drop then bottle or keg it...

I've not done a beer kit for years, some other lads on here might be able to give you good advice on the best to buy and tips on improving the final taste. ;)

BB

Welcome BD :cheers: , the coopers kits do start to slow down after a few days.I started one on 26/5 & it really has slowed down. Check the gravity & if it's not right, give it a shake/stir it up & leave for a few more days :thumb:

Thanks guy,

I toke my first hydrometer test just to see what was happening last night. It was just on the line between black and yellow. so think ill just wait a couple more days and hope it gets well into the yellow.

Welcome to the Forum BD.
Sounds like you are using a Sacchrometer.
You will need a graduated Hydrometer if you wish to calculate your ABV (Alcohol by Volume).

Hi and welcome.

I am a newbie too and this forum has given me loads of help and encouragement.

AG

bigdaddy said:
all i know is it looks good and smells good. other than that help!!!!!!!!!!
If it looks good, smells good and tastes good, I don't see you needing a great deal of help!
Unless, of course, you want to go into the nitty gritty and the finer points, then the Forum is the place to be.
Happy brewing BD.

bigdaddy said:
Hi everyone, Im new to brewing and started my first brew last thursday. everything is going well. The only thing is im not getting many bubbles in the airlock.. but i have got a good crust round the top of the barrell. Is this ok???
goinh to take my first test tomorrow, hope its good. the lager has changed colour a nice light gold. I used a coopers kit for my fist time.

Any tips would be great help thanks

Dont worry your doing fine btw welcome to the forum, hope your brew goes well and keep us posted!

Latest posts

Back