Mini Keg Usage, Maintenance & Party Star Deluxe Part 4

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorhomebrew

AKA - RobsHomebrew
Reaction score
Images removed due to photobucket holding their customers to ransom - see post 16 below.

ok so your going to want to push the handle in and down on an anglethat's it its all ready to
Now go tap into a cold keg and pour yourself a beautiful pint like this Coopers European Lager. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Well I hope you all like this thread and its useful. Its took m forever and a day to put it together. Just wish I had a homebrew now :(

Excelent how to. Have been thinking of getting some mini kegs for some time now. This has made my mind up for me. :grin:

Love these four posts. I'm a big mini keg fan. I find them cheap at booths 15 full of choice beer or 15 quid for hobgoblin from supetmarkets etc. I've got about 10 kegs waiting for me to start brewing something and was looking for an expert to question. Thanks again.

great write up.just 1 question whats the difference between the red and black bungs and the grey ones.its just I got a mixed bag when I got my keg kit

Just picked up this lot today http://www.adverts.ie/crazy-random-stuff/homebrew-mini-keg-set/9564277 think I got a bargin but one of the taps has a curly dispenser has anyone seen these
Bargin indeed, those taps are worth £45gbp alone. That squiggly one looks like you can use the keg on its side, never seen one like that before. It appears to be the same housing as my party star though and only the delivery pipe is different. The other one is the older version I think.
Nice one :)

great write up.just 1 question whats the difference between the red and black bungs and the grey ones.its just I got a mixed bag when I got my keg kit

The difference is your cant use your internal tap with the grey bung. ( well you could, you'd just have to push the tapping grommet into the keg) but their meant to be tapped into.

Just picked up this lot today http://www.adverts.ie/crazy-random-stuff/homebrew-mini-keg-set/9564277 think I got a bargin but one of the taps has a curly dispenser has anyone seen these[

Well iv never seen the curly tap before and it wouldn't make sense to use a tap with the keg on its side as the down pipe just goes centrally down the keg so once the keg is on its side your only going to get half of the beer out with it on its side. Its got me stumped. The mini kegs and party star taps are German might be worth checking out the manufacturers website

Hi guys, I bought one of these recently and have used it twice, on both occasions, even though I turned the tap for the CO2 off 24hrs later it's empty.

I have tried this with a full keg and a partially full one.

Can anyone tell me how long their CO2 lasts for?

Also, how long does your beer stay drinkable before its becomes oxygenated once the tap has been inserted?

Thanks in advance.

why can i not see the pictures? its telling me to update my account to enable 3rd party hosting???

It's something to do with photobucket. I think its asking the OP to update their account rather than you.

@chippy_tea knows more about this kind of thing than I do and will probably be able to answer your questions about this

I don't use photobucket but basically they said if their customers didn't pay they would lose all the pictures they linked to in forums.

This shows instead of all pictures -

gggggggggg.jpg

Last edited:
I use 16g
Just finished my second keg with the same bulb. I tend to drink a keg over two weeks and stays fresh

Ok, something is not quite right with mine. I tried it yesterday and the bulb was empty when I went to refill my glass 30 minutes later.

Hi guys, I bought one of these recently and have used it twice, on both occasions, even though I turned the tap for the CO2 off 24hrs later it's empty.

I have tried this with a full keg and a partially full one.

Can anyone tell me how long their CO2 lasts for?

Also, how long does your beer stay drinkable before its becomes oxygenated once the tap has been inserted?

Thanks in advance.

When you initially screwed the cylinder in, did you do so very quickly, i.e. can you be sure you didn't lose your 16g there and then? In my experience, that's the only way I've ever lost a whole cylinder in that short a time.

The next most likely culprit (and again this is from my experience!) is your beer being underprimed such that there was no pressure in the keg to begin with. How much priming sugar did you use and how long ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you initially screwed the cylinder in, did you do so very quickly, i.e. can you be sure you didn't lose your 16g there and then? In my experience, that's the only way I've ever lost a whole cylinder in that short a time.

The next most likely culprit (and again this is from my experience!) is your beer being underprimed such that there was no pressure in the keg to begin with. How much priming sugar did you use and how long ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the above. I've re-assembled the whole lot, new gas cylinder and things are much improved.

Thanks for the advice. :thumb:

Holy thread revival.
Anyone know where to get the grey 2 piece bungs in the UK from. Cheers

Back