Mini Keg Usage, Maintenance & Party Star Deluxe Part 4

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re:>Ajhuch,.When i used to carbonate my home made "champagne" i found you have to screw in the gas really,really quickly.Otherwise it just leaks to nothing.!!!!

I have two of the party star deluxe taps and when I take them out of the empty keg when they're turned all the way down they still push out the Co2 (slightly)and this is really A) costing me and B) making my beer come out frothy all the time as it's never turned off fully. Has anyone had this???? and know a cure? they used to be OK but now I'm just getting through gas cylinders like crazy.

I have two of the party star deluxe taps and when I take them out of the empty keg when they're turned all the way down they still push out the Co2 (slightly)and this is really A) costing me and B) making my beer come out frothy all the time as it's never turned off fully. Has anyone had this???? and know a cure? they used to be OK but now I'm just getting through gas cylinders like crazy.

I have the same problem it's mainly froth no matter what I do with the dial on the co2

I emailed Brewferm today, managed to fit it into my busy schedule :D and they came back with the "seal has gone and there is no replacement but I could look in a hardware store to see if they have one" Fecking ass wipes. I bought these less than a year ago.

Brewferm emailed me again asking where I purchased them from so I told them from The Home Brew Shop in Farnborough via eBay, they come back with 'you will have to complain to them in that case'. I sent an email back saying that I wasn't complaining just looking for a fix.
I decided to go down the Corny Keg route and purchased a starter kit online, just need to obtain some C02 when the kit arrives.

Images removed due to photobucket holding their customers to ransom - see post 16 below.

ok so your going to want to push the handle in and down on an anglethat's it its all ready to
Now go tap into a cold keg and pour yourself a beautiful pint like this Coopers European Lager. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Well I hope you all like this thread and its useful. Its took m forever and a day to put it together. Just wish I had a homebrew now :(
Thanks for these posts about mini kegs. I have been using them for some time now. I have always done a bit of secondary fermenting in the bottle or plastic keg, but does the use of CO2 with the mini keg mean that secondary fermenting is not necessary ?

Thanks for these posts about mini kegs. I have been using them for some time now. I have always done a bit of secondary fermenting in the bottle or plastic keg, but does the use of CO2 with the mini keg mean that secondary fermenting is not necessary ?
Hi. No you can't force carbonate these, as the 16g capsules don't provide the necessary pressure. The CO2 preserves and provides serving pressure only.

Thanks for that, it makes perfect sense and is very helpful.
I have recently been using a stainless steel conical fermenter but now find that my secondary fermentation is not so successful, but i don't know why.

Love these four posts. I'm a big mini keg fan. I find them cheap at booths 15 full of choice beer or 15 quid for hobgoblin from supetmarkets etc. I've got about 10 kegs waiting for me to start brewing something and was looking for an expert to question. Thanks again.
Hi D&D, I have on occasion bought Hobgoblin or Ghost Ship in kegs from the supermarket.
Is it possible to refill them with your own home brewed beer ? I use a mini keg system for my home brew but didn't think supermarket kegs were compatible.

Hi D&D, I have on occasion bought Hobgoblin or Ghost Ship in kegs from the supermarket.
Is it possible to refill them with your own home brewed beer ? I use a mini keg system for my home brew but didn't think supermarket kegs were compatible.
Yeah it's possible, check out YouTube channel Dude brews , he covers this in a video

Hi, I'm waiting for my party star deluxe tap to arrive and it was great to read this thread here. Thanks for it!
My question is if I plan to consume my keg over 2 to 3 weeks, should I clean the tap every time I use it? And what parts can I take off for cleaning without exposing the beer again to air?

Hi, I'm waiting for my party star deluxe tap to arrive and it was great to read this thread here. Thanks for it!
My question is if I plan to consume my keg over 2 to 3 weeks, should I clean the tap every time I use it? And what parts can I take off for cleaning without exposing the beer again to air?
Hi, unfortunately if you wait that long between drinks it will be flat and you will need to recarbonate, mine only used to last 3 days (max) and they were quite flat then. The only parts you can take off the tap is the metal spout, just unscrews and the pouring handle clicks out. This will still keep your beer airtight when they're removed

Latest posts

Back