Brewnight: Strawberry and Lime TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Back in the game.....

25L of Cider popped on tonight

15L of Lidl vitafit
2 x 440ml Lowicz strawberry
1L strong tea (5 bag)
5tsp pectolase dissolved in some warm water
Juice of 6 fresh limes (one for you Mrc ☺)
Cider yeast with sweetener

Warmed 3L of aj and lowicz in pan until hot

Made up tea, left to stew

Emptied AJ into coopers FV
added hot AJ/lowicz
added tea
topped up to 25L with cold tap water
added lime juice
temp about 22deg
stirred in cider yeast with sweetener I got on ebay (thread on here somewhere)

Sg 1.040
intending to prime with another bottle of lowicz strawb, so est abv 6%

boom 😃

Happy days mate hope it turns out better than mine [emoji106][emoji106] defo keep us posted

what was up with yours again mate, too limey ?

Yep TBH it was ****e ! I've not tried it again since was planning on opening another bottle in next couple of days to give it another try but I'm not holding out much hope [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The couple of PET bottles are nice and firm to the squeeze and perfectly clear already, will give them another couple of days in the warm cupboard then transfer to my under the stairs cupboard.

Will break a few out on Friday night, attempting to be good on school nights, managed it last week 😃

how long can you keep them after carbonation?

there looking great by the way!

I don't hang around with mine haha, I've kept some for up to 6 months before but not any longer than that

Yumeeeee, OK so I couldn't wait until the weekend and cracked one of these babies open tonight....

In all honesty, the closest to a Recorderlig kind of taste that I've made so far

very tasty, will make this one again, it's not going to last long

😃😃😃

First (well third) pour below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9214IswqPyMUFV2dTcwNUcxVWM/view?usp=docslist_api

Must have been too big to upload, didn't work on here

looks really good, two questions though.

1.has it cleared or is it cloudy?

2. that looks like a good carb, how much/what did you use to carbonate?

32195880853a5e42cbf2b37925aeb64e.jpg

Looks amazing Roddy [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Glad you got a result out of it lowicz seems to be the way to go with this one because the strawberries in a tin was rank rotten I'll be giving this one a bash as soon as I get home from work [emoji106] just a DJ tho

mine has been suborn and wont clear so just going to bottle cloudy and that will be that!

never used that lowicz but people seem to rave about it. might have to give it as go.

Latest posts

Back