Brewnight: Easy rose WOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Evening all, popped on 25L of this wee beauty

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9214IswqPyMcXVqT19sZmlOZzg/view?usp=docslist_api

6L Lidl vitafit red grape
3L Lidl vitafit apple
3L Tesco apple
1L strong tea (5bag)
5tsp pectolase
4kg tate & lyle granulated sugar
Gervin GV2 yeast

Warmed sugar and 2L of juice in big pan, until sugar dissolved

Made up tea

Poured rest of juices into FV and added pectolase (dissolved in a cup of warm water)

Poured in warm sugar solution

Topped up to 25L with cold tap water, temp about 24deg

SG 1.090 est abv 13.1% (should ferment out to 0.990)

Added yeast, top and airlock on, bung in cupboard 😃

No lower, its basically 6 of my 2L juice wows you are making in one go, so 4kg divided between 6 is only 666g per wow,

plus whatever sugar is in the juice, I estimated 1.2Kg (but maybe little more?)

so total sugars is 866g per wow, I usually average around 1kg total sugars per wow and average1080

I make the total sugars to be about 5.5kg, so about 916g if divided by 6

You can see my workings in the spreadsheet I put a link in for, in my original post. Used a hydrometer reading to confirm starting SG tho and it backed up my estimated SG

496c8bbb0a91d96af662c21cbf9c920c.jpg

Boom, bottled that bad boy, clear as a bell and tasting fine 😃

Nice one, i have 2 DJ's of Tesco mixed berries juice (1 litre) and apple juice (1 litre) wine to bottle tomorrow, i have also got 2 WineBuddy Sav Blanc kits coming from Tesco (£22.50 down to £16.50 SAVE £6.00) :thumb:

Will do :)

Another quick question. I'll be using 1 gallon DJ's, do I need to rack off to a 2nd one for clearing etc before bottling or can it all be done in the one DJ?

You can do it in 1 DJ but it means you stir the sediment up when you degas, members often say its not good for the wine to be left on the dead yeast too long so the best bet is to rack it to a second DJ.

You can do it in 1 DJ but it means you stir the sediment up when you degas, members often say its not good for the wine to be left on the dead yeast too long so the best bet is to rack it to a second DJ.

Of course, it's been a while since I watched a wine video and totally forgot about degassing!

2 DJ's it is :)

Back