Cornelius Keg Conditioning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must get more yeast left in the corny than you - its like a little bit of the sediment gets dragged through with the last mouthful of beer.

How long do you leave in primary? I always leave a drop of beer in the FV (dual purpose avoid any trub getting transferred and this is used to swill round with the trub to collect the yeast).

How long do you leave in primary? I always leave a drop of beer in the FV (dual purpose avoid any trub getting transferred and this is used to swill round with the trub to collect the yeast).

My normal routine is 2 weeks in FV, then 1 week in carboy before kegging, which gets most of the remaining yeast to settle out. I'm careful not to disturb or suck up any trub and tend to leave a little beer behind.
I only end up with a smear of yeast at the bottom of the kegs, and it doesn't come through in nearly all of the keg, but it seems enough to get a cloudy last mouthful. :???:

My normal routine is 2 weeks in FV, then 1 week in carboy before kegging, which gets most of the remaining yeast to settle out. I'm careful not to disturb or suck up any trub and tend to leave a little beer behind.
I only end up with a smear of yeast at the bottom of the kegs, and it doesn't come through in nearly all of the keg, but it seems enough to get a cloudy last mouthful. :???:

Would have thought you would be fine doing it that way, I go straight from FV (2 weeks) to keg, I have not noticed the last drop from the keg being cloudy, but I might have been affected by what had been previously drunk.:lol:

Yes you could do that, I run 4 kegs, usually 3 with beer in & in the kegarator, and the latest fill sat outside the kegarator and occasionally add the CO2 to keep the pressures up.
Hi. What do you keep the pressure at when conditioning for a few weeks.

Not yet had an issue with yeast in the beer in my corny. I brew and then cold crash in the first fv, (2 weekish fermentation and then 1 week cold crash) and then move to corny and burst carb and drink the same day. Sometimes I find a little yeast in the bottom of the conry when cleaning after, but not yet had any come through into my pints.

I usually primary ferment for about 2 weeks and when done transfer in to a corny with priming sugar for secondary ferment on a warm place for 1 week and then move to the garage usually for a bout 2 weeks before I try the beer. I use one of these from a fermentasaurus attached to a shortened dip tube on the liquid out side. The beauty is that it draws beer from near the top, which clears quicker and doesn't pick up any sediment.

Attachments

• ox9258_-_fermzilla_60cm_silicone_hose3_820x.png
    ox9258_-_fermzilla_60cm_silicone_hose3_820x.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 67
Back