Geterbrewed Irish Malts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zephyr259

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've got a question for those who used the Irish malts from Geterbrewed. They do 3 types, Irish ale, Irish lager and stout malt. What are folks' opinions of these malts, and how does the stout malt differ from the ale malt?

So far I've only used maris otter but starting to think about getting a 25kg sack and those malts are a lot cheaper.

Thanks.

I use them for everything except where I only have 1 base malt, when I'll pay the extra for MO or GP. I've always had great beers with them!

I've used all three. I now buy the lager malt and if I'm doing an ale add some biscuit and/or munich to make it a bit more MO-ery. With the stout malt I couldnt tell any difference. I think @beercat has used the stout malt too. I think the irish malts make great beers too

I use their Irish pale and lager malts and was very happy. I've only ever used the lager malt for a single malt beer but it was a chilli saison so the malt didn't really come through.

I've used all three. I now buy the lager malt and if I'm doing an ale add some biscuit and/or munich to make it a bit more MO-ery. With the stout malt I couldnt tell any difference. I think @beercat has used the stout malt too. I think the irish malts make great beers too

Unfortunately i threw a lot of stouts away i made with it due to low attenuation. Mostly my fault, I don't like sweet beer. Made one the other day with my last 2kg and got great efficiency. Wort tastes excellent and its cheap.
Been using Ireks malts for lagers and also Crisp malts.

I really like their ireks pale ale malt.

Have had good success with the hbc Minch malts too.

Can comment on the stout malt I'm afraid.

I use both the pale and lager malts. Think they are a good buy. Sometimes get M/O and have used the M/O pale mix,not sure if they still do that one however.Using the Pale right now in a brew.
:thumb:

Latest posts

Back