Belgian Blonde

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Just about to get this under way.Partial mash,5 litre brew.
Never brewed one,never tasted one so have no idea really of what i am expecting!:grin:
715 grams Crisp pale/Irish lager mix
85 gramsCarahell
35 grams Light munich
10 grams Oats
225 grams light spray malt
3 grams Chinook pellets 60 min
1/4 protofloc tablet 15 min
5 grams Motueka pellets 5 min
5 grams motueka pellets 3 min
possible dry hop 5 days x 5 grams Motueka pellets
Expected OG 1053. Expected OG 1.013. IBU 29.27. SRM 5.00. ABV 5.18%
1/2 pack cML Belgian yeast re hydrated

Evidently. ;-)

Looks like it'll make a nice Cali-belgium IPA though.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Was going to do one with Saaz hops but hey ho
Took a look at some yank recipies,probably more Belgian style IPA's and they were sticking in some fruity hops and various malts
So long as it's drinkable,it will do:lol:
Not really something i would normally try. Had a batch of yeast's sent to me as a freebie from CML and the Belgian yeast was one of them!

I suppose it is better to make 10 bottles of something you don't like than 40!!!

Sounds interesting though
Don't do 40 pints at a time just partially for that reason,prefer to do small batches as well to ring the changes.
Will be using the other half of the yeast soon,any suggestions as to 'proper' recipie?

Don't do 40 pints at a time just partially for that reason,prefer to do small batches as well to ring the changes.
Will be using the other half of the yeast soon,any suggestions as to 'proper' recipie?
Your pale malt, Munich, Saaz and some sugar will get you there.

Check out the BJCP style guidelines for the low down, and maybe pick up a bottle of Affligem or Leffe from the supermarket and see what you like, and don't like about it, and design a recipe from there.

Your current recipe may be a more interesting beer than the easy accessible supermarket Belgian Blonds.

Your pale malt, Munich, Saaz and some sugar will get you there.

Check out the BJCP style guidelines for the low down, and maybe pick up a bottle of Affligem or Leffe from the supermarket and see what you like, and don't like about it, and design a recipe from there.

Your current recipe may be a more interesting beer than the easy accessible supermarket Belgian Blonds.

cheers:thumb:

Tripel post.

:lol::lol:
Well it's in the FV now,hit my OG,just.Used the whole pack of yeast however.Re hydrated 1/2 pack as normal but first lot sank straight to the bottom of my jar,Mmmmmm, so added the rest which floated as per normal and after 10/15 minutes was re hydrating nicely.

Just dry hopped this with more Motueka.Looked as though it had died down a lot so tested it,almost down to my FG,that is fast.Very pongy:lol:,had a drop of the trial jar which was lovely and clear and was surprised by the taste.Not at all nasty which i was starting to think it might be,actually quite clean and crisp with a nice hoppy hint.
Will be interested to see how this drinks as i have never had a Belgian beer unless you include a home brewed abbaye which i wasn't keen on.

Just got this batch into various sized bottles.Really nice colour and sparklingly clear,came out at 5.25%:thumb:

Latest posts

Back