What's the most you've paid for a beer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that bar called Bunkr by any chance?.

I honestly can't remember, I went on Google Maps to try and find it and while I found the Olympic Stadium easy enough, I couldn't find the bar or the accommodation we stayed in.

Needless to say when we hit the city centre, prices soon went up but in 1995 I think it averaged around £1-£1.50 a beer.

We were in Slovakia 2 years ago in Zilina and it was €1 a pint. That's the cheapest I've found recently.

I ordered two pints of something not very impressive, can't remember what now, at a bar in Nottingham for me and my mate came to £10.60. Walked away leaving it on the bar. Their loss but I wasn't paying that much.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I ordered two pints of something not very impressive, can't remember what now, at a bar in Nottingham for me and my mate came to �£10.60. Walked away leaving it on the bar. Their loss but I wasn't paying that much.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Maybe it was Craftâ„¢ beer? :lol:

Got myself one of these for �����£11ish for my festive collection:
150px-Geuze_Boon_Vat_79.jpg

https://hoptimism.co.uk/products/oude-geuze-boon-a-lancienne-vat-79-mono-blend

Hoptimism is my step-sons online shop. He does some terrific beers. :thumb:

I honestly can't remember, I went on Google Maps to try and find it and while I found the Olympic Stadium easy enough, I couldn't find the bar or the accommodation we stayed in.

Needless to say when we hit the city centre, prices soon went up but in 1995 I think it averaged around ���£1-���£1.50 a beer.

We were in Slovakia 2 years ago in Zilina and it was €1 a pint. That's the cheapest I've found recently.

I reckon it might have been 007 bar? Its in the student residents area up near Strahov stadium. They have a lot of punk bands there and stuff.

I live about 20 miles east out of the centre of Prague and a pint in any of the pubs in the villages around me is less than ��£1 (or 50p for a bottle of Kozel at the petrol station opposite). One of the things i like about living in the Czech Republic (apart from that the beer is cheap) is that beer is available everywhere. My local butcher sells draft beer, as does the cafe. :-)
You can get Pilsner on draft on the intercity trains (and at the same price as in a pub whilst within the czech borders, as soon as you cross to germany, austria etc "happy hour" ends).

To answer the OP question - I paid 349kc which is about �£11.50 for an 18% double ice IPA whatever that is from my favourite new czech brewery. It is a 700ml though.

Think my worst rip-off to date was a pint of ordinary french lager in Paris - yeah......I know. - ...In a café opposite the Moulin Rouge. €13.50 (€27 for two). We expected to pay a bit over the top but didn't expect to need a mortgage....a pint was enough, no getting legless here then....and I didn't leave a tip!

£11 for a Lervig beer in Trondheim. I forget which one but I think it was an APA.

I once paid £20 for a bottle of rare Italian Craft Beer at Zumo in Selfridges Birmingham. It was rough, barely drinkable!

I was in Brewdog, pointed at an interesting looking beer in the fridge, just before the barman cracked it open I asked how much, it was £16! this is a 330ml bottle of some IPA. Even for London, and indeed Brewdog, that's a steep price.

I was in Brewdog, pointed at an interesting looking beer in the fridge, just before the barman cracked it open I asked how much, it was £16! this is a 330ml bottle of some IPA. Even for London, and indeed Brewdog, that's a steep price.

A Brewdog bar I was in once were flogging Stone Enjoy by IPA bottles for £19 a couple of years back. I don't remember how fresh it was but I but would incredibly surprised if it got from California before the enjoy by date...

I didn't partake.

This one was 12 quid, it was new years eve so I treated myself and 750ml so not tooo bad:lol:

IMG_1700[1708].JPG

When I started the brewery thing I thought I would be cheeky and ask a similar price to beers/ciders in the locality. So, guests to our restaurant happily pay £4.50 /pt for my brews! Shocked and amazed me initially, but WTF, its fek'n good business!! :grin:

A Brewdog bar I was in once were flogging Stone Enjoy by IPA bottles for �£19 a couple of years back. I don't remember how fresh it was but I but would incredibly surprised if it got from California before the enjoy by date...

I didn't partake.

Not really worth it. I do sometimes feel those bars cater for people who want to be beer nerds but don't know much about craft beer, but are the type to throw money at it.

Not really worth it. I do sometimes feel those bars cater for people who want to be beer nerds but don't know much about craft beer, but are the type to throw money at it.

Absolutely! It's posing if anything.

I've had enjoy by in California and it really is an excellent brew. Oh and it didn't cost nearly £20! (Closer to £5 with the exchange rate etc)

Latest posts

Back