Geterbrewed Irish malts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
I see that they have re introduced/re stocked with the Irish pale/lager and stout malts:thumb:
However they are dearer (if i recall) than before:sad:

Yeah, they were about £18. Now it says £26.14, save 20%, old price: £32.68!

Last time I Was looking at malts, I think the Malt Miller was cheaper for 25kg sacks of base malts. This was probably a month ago.

Yeah, they've steadily gone up. When I bought a sack of Irish malt last May, it was £17.10 for the 25kg.

Personally I've started using Golden Promise Malt now as you can make both ales and light lagers from it. I've only just started using it but so far I'm pleased

Since GEB stopped doing the Irish malts I’ve started using their Crisp malts and my efficiency has shot up.

Since GEB stopped doing the Irish malts I’ve started using their Crisp malts and my efficiency has shot up.

I've had good results with Crisp malts too, I get them from MaltMiller though as been in the UK they get here faster, and come with DPD who are excellent (love their smartphone app as I know EXACTLY when the courier is going to arrive).

There was a post saying the Irish barley harvest was down on last year so the prices will go up..also the price was held artificially low as Guinness buy around 70% of the malt produced.
As for saying something was x amount then discounted when it wasn't. ....

Latest posts

Back