Fury on Joshua:

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Listen - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0524x7y

I'll rid the heavyweight division of a fraud

Former heavyweight world champion Tyson Fury has sent a warning to Anthony Joshua, saying he will "rid the heavyweight division of a fraud."

Joshua, who defeated Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley on April 29, is the WBA (super), IBF and IBO champion – three belts Fury held when he defeated Klitschko in 2015.

An all-British heavyweight fight between Joshua and Fury is rumoured to be on the cards, with Joshua publicly calling out the former champion.
Fury, speaking to BBC Boxing’s Steve Bunce, said: "I’m telling everyone now, from the bottom of my heart, I can play with that bodybuilder. No problem."

This clip first appeared on 5 live Sport on Saturday 6 May 2017.

A typically 'unique' take on the prospect of a fight between the two men. I'd welcome the scrap.

I hope Fury is on top of his issues. He claims to be up to over 26 stone, and gives himself a very short time to shift the timber. I get the argument that sculptured boxers may sometimes burn out quickly in a slugathon (that was always the questionmark over Frank Bruno - that and the limited movement, lack of natural fighting talent and a conspicuously glass chin).

My fiver would be on Joshua.

A typically 'unique' take on the prospect of a fight between the two men. I'd welcome the scrap.

I hope Fury is on top of his issues. He claims to be up to over 26 stone, and gives himself a very short time to shift the timber. I get the argument that sculptured boxers may sometimes burn out quickly in a slugathon (that was always the questionmark over Frank Bruno - that and the limited movement, lack of natural fighting talent and a conspicuously glass chin).

My fiver would be on Joshua.

Mine too (had I not spent it on HB ingredients). I think fury has a bit of a way to go before he would be ready to fight Joshua

@ElvisIsBeer i agree i think Fury will be a step too far at this point in Joshuas career.

Latest posts

Back