shedbrewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shedbrewer

Reaction score
I'm awaiting a hip replacement so whilst I'm incapacitated my wife has taken over the brewing, however, last Saturday 15th July, whilst brewing 2X Beaverdale Nebbiolo 25 litres she inadvertently omitted to add the yeast to one of the FVs but added two lots to the other, I have new yeast arriving tomorrow will it be OK to just add the new yeast to the three day old musk?

Its not something i have done or remember reading about in the forum, i know 100% juice says once open keep refrigerated and use within 5 days but as the only alternative is bin its got to be worth a try.

I am no expert but assuming the fv without the yeast has been under lid / lock then I reckon whack the yeast in when you get it and away you go. You could of course mix and then re seperate the 2 batches you have but hey, what a pain that would be ( I mean for er indoors not yer hip ).

I havw done several Beaverdale kits now nd they are by far my favourite. Have foind though tht room temperature really effects fermentation rates so if things have cooled a bit don't worry if the new heast does not kick in too quickly. Also it will remain to be seen how your ordered yeast compares at the end of the ferm with that supplied with the kit. You never know, may have inadvertently stumbld on a gem!

Back