CO2 regulator bottle nut

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrongway

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a new dual regulator which was a reasonable price. However it has come with the wrong fitting for the CO2 bottle as it's of US origin. The US generally use a fitting with a CGA 320 thread whilst in the UK we tend to use a British Standard BS 341 Part 1 No. 8 thread. I need to remove the stem from the body of the first regulator which has a left hand thread which I believe is 1/4 BSP and replace the nut for the correct one for the UK. I have searched all over the internet but the only one I can find is HERE which is a lot more expensive than I was expecting. Has anyone come across one at a better price. It's my own fault not checking properly in the first place.

If I were you a would ring round any welding supplies or nuts and bolts fixing suppliers places near you, they probably could help you source what you are looking for

Sorted now. Local garage helped me remove the stem on the new regulator and the one on the old one. Swapped the nut that fits the bottle and it's working fine. I'll still try and get hold of a new one though.

Latest posts

Back