Grumpy Barstewards Corner.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ale and @gunge for every tale you have of a cyclist being an A-hole I have an equal number of drivers acting in the same manner. towards cyclists. I also have an equal number of stories of drivers being a-holes to other drivers (more in fact, I see far more road rage incidents between drivers than drivers and cyclists) so I definately dont think it's a case of drivers vs cyclists or anything. Basically what I'm saying is you're far more likely to get called a c*nt by another driver :mrgreen:

There were two points to my post. The first is that the one I am talking about act like idiots and have absolutely no consideration for other road users. The second point is that by doing so they are putting themselves in danger.

As I said, I have significant experience of cycling on the road so know what I am talking about. In all my miles my only accident was because i had replaced my brake blocks with cheap ones that didnt work in the wet and I hit a wall, although not hard. I was considerate to other road users and always signalled if I was moving out. These idiots dont and a couple have been hurt. I have no doubt they have to take a large part of the blame for it, possibly all of the blame. They also completely over react when you use your horn correctly to let them know you are there (as they act like they dont know you are) and shout abuse at you.

I've had 2 this year start an argument and threaten me for the shortest bib of my horn I can possibly do in my car when they had both swerved in front of me as I was trying to overtake on a clear bit of road. If I was a politician I would propose a bill requiring cyclists to use cycle paths where they are available and make it an offence not to. Around my way where we have cycle paths the road lanes were narrowed to incorporate them so now dont have the width to allow safe overtaking of bikes. Safety and flow of taffic would be improved as a result.

Don't they have the cycling proficiency test anymore? Summat like that should be compulsory, plus insurance and something along the lines of a car MOT particularly with regard to lights and brakes. Anyways I once bought a pushbike brand new for work and on the very first morning I caught the left hand pedal on the kerb whilst taking a corner. Bent the back wheel and chucked me off. Stuff that!

Ok sorry a bit harsh maybe but let's be straight I don't like cyclists, mainly cos they make themselves look ridiculous and the ones I see regularly (at the very last moment) on the way home from a night shift in the dark with no lights on whatsover really have no-one but themselves to blame if they get squashed. Course, it'd still be the car driver's fault.

Those late at night on bikes are delivering a deal or burglars sneaking around looking for an open window or any chance , If you know the area its easier to escape the Fuzz on a bike than a car.

Why are some golf spectators so fecking childish, i thought the "get in the hole" shout was bad enough (cringe-worthy) now we seem to have a long moo (like a cow) sound whenever a putt gets close to the hole really annoying especially if you are listening on the radio.

[Rant over]

Turns out it was some sort of chant for Matt Kuchar still a bunch of annoying twats.

Why are some golf spectators so fecking childish,.............

The Tour de France finished yesterday and if you think golf spectators are "childish" you just have to watch the mountain top spectators on La Tour!

The idiots gather on the steepest climbs where:

o They can run alongside the riders, shouting like the lunatics they are and waving everything from flags to their own underpants. Some even dress up in outlandish gear to get their ten seconds of TV coverage; and it's a dream come true when a rider clumps a spectator! (A situation that doesn't happen often enough in my opinion!)

o They can crowd into the roadway so that the riders can't even see the road ahead. The spectators then jump back a few inches to let the rider pass; again screaming, shouting and waving whatever comes to hand.

o They can offer the riders everything from a bottle of water to a sandwich as they pass and occasionally throw water over the riders, whether they want it or not. (On one occasion some **** threw a bottle of urine over the leader 'cos he wasn't French!)

If a crowd going "Oooooh!" irritates you then you will appreciate why I sit there tearing my hair out and shouting at the TV on most of the Tour de France mountain tops! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW

Froome won his 4th Tour yesterday! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Turns out it was some sort of chant for Matt Kuchar still a bunch of annoying twats.

Yup,that's Koochhhhhhhhhhh:lol:
Best one is Beeffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff, obviously for when Beef Johnson is on the course:thumb:, Beeffffffffffffffffffffffffff:grin::grin:

Back