Photobucket Hosting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always keep my originals and resized edited photos on my computer (or phone) and on back-up hard drives. I and others can post photos directly on my own forum which is just as well. Fortunately, I've only used photobucket a couple of times some years ago. I wouldn't pay their ransom either.

I always keep my originals and resized edited photos on my computer (or phone) and on back-up hard drives. I and others can post photos directly on my own forum which is just as well. Fortunately, I've only used photobucket a couple of times some years ago. I wouldn't pay their ransom either.
I do have storage in Google drive but only use it as a gateway at work if I'm on the pc and find something of interest,also keep some music there.
I can't understand why so many people pay for cloud storage when it's accessable by quite a few others out there when you can have it at home for a fraction of the cost.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I've been using Photobucket for over 10 years and have a couple of thousand images on there. They were all uploaded there to embed on various forums and for most of the time I paid a couple of dollars per month subscription. Then one day, a couple of years ago I think, I got an email saying that my automatic payment/subscription had been terminated and that they were re-jigging all of their "plans".

I haven't paid them a penny since then, but they seem to have me on some plan that isn't advertised. If you sign up today, you can buy a Plus50, Plus100 or Plus500 plan. I seem to be on something called Plus20:

• 2GB Initial
  • 20GB Plus20
  • 8.8GB Reward
... so 30.8Gb storage and I seem to be allowed to embed just fine. For nowt!

I have no idea why this is, but I'm somewhat reluctant to contact them and ask in case its a mistake :D

Possibly! Its been a couple of years though, so who knows?

Back